Are You A Homebrewer Or A Craftbrewer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a Homebrewer or a Craftbrewer?

• Homebrewer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Craftbrewer

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
just trying to get some support for a name change, fannyboy. out with the old and in with the new.2010.

Im a "Hobbybrauer", so Im excluded from AHB now? :ph34r:

Ich bin Bier Brauer thats what i say

good website too hobbybrauer except my German is not good and I am im learning some got a German mother in law

Neither.
I'm an artisanal brewer, so there :ph34r:

I am a homebrewer that makes craft beer.
That's pretty much how I view it, I brew at home and make my own "craft" beer. I usually use this to distinguish from the "homebrew" stigma, as it was also enough to put me off brewing for a while. Normally it's just "I make my own beer from scratch" and people ask for more info if they're interested. Now that I am a "homebrewer" I see it all in a different light to my original misconceptions, and no longer makes me think of poor quality beer. When people talk about adding 2kg's of sugar and keeping it warm so it's done in 3 days, that makes me think of inferior beer :)

Either way, the original descriptions are just one person's opinion and it seems the majority disagree.

why do you think that "homebrew" is bad, I mean commercial food outlets say "home made food", as if putting the "home" in the front makes its better. does it make it sound like more love and attention to detail has gone into it?

So why is putting the word "home" infront of brew just as good?

I make beer. I do it at home. I guess that makes me a homebrewer, though if people ask I just say that I make beer.

My labels do say 'handcrafted' on them though.

Lets face it. We are none of them. Just alcoholics that like cheap, nicer beer.

here here under!

Craft/home...who really cares. We just make damn good beer.

I first heard this term from an Austrian homebrewer/craftbrewer/hobbybrauer, at a beer festival in Hamburg. I think it's brilliant. It really reflects what we do - it's our hobby. We put time/passion in to it like any hobby. Most people associate homebrew with dodgy kit/kilos.

i know we brew our beer at home and we want to share it and push it on to the vb and standard beer drinkers to try and change there opinion on it. i just think craft brew puts a little polish on it and just might turn more people to try it.doesnt hand crafted at home sound better on a label than home brewed at home.

I first heard this term from an Austrian homebrewer/craftbrewer/hobbybrauer, at a beer festival in Hamburg. I think it's brilliant. It really reflects what we do - it's our hobby. We put time/passion in to it like any hobby. Most people associate homebrew with dodgy kit/kilos.
thats it kook, be passionate about it and proud of what we do.

I'm a pisshead who's always too drunk to drive to the shop to buy beer so I make it at home.

So I guess it makes me a HOMEBEERMAKER/PISSHEAD, which sadly wasn't one of the vote options

Latest posts

Back