Are we even allowed to ask?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feldon said:
The issue that led to the banning is clearly a personal one solely between Austin and Nev, not between Nev and the other Admins and Mods etc.

And don't tell me otherwise. Austin put it clearly on p.1 of this thread: "I think it's a personal issue best left between the banned and the person doing it... It's a personality conflict and I would like to leave it at that."

So if Austin simply hit the ignore button to ban receipt of further PMs from Nev, that would leave Austin in peace of mind and Nev open to contact with you and other site officials. No counter-productivity there.

Bradsbrews (Admin) stated what's really going on here on p.1 : "[SIZE=medium]Long story short, if you get nasty via pm and emails to the owner, the owner's not going to put up with it."[/SIZE]

Attempts to explain this otherwise appear to be weak.
What needs to be taken into account is that the member has had many warnings prior, and had just returned from a time out period. Don't just focus on the final incident.

Forever Wort said:
No hard feelings old chap. Your nationality has nothing to do with how things are run. It is simply absurd that Aussie Home Brewers is oxymoronically beholden to the bald eagle. Obviously you will continue to hear this from time to time.

And yes, if you don't share the reasons behind an excommunication then you are implying there is something to hide. With power comes responsibility. Forums are communities.
:beer:
" Forums are communities ". Correct. And communities have rules, just like forums.
Being banned from here doesn't just happen,I understand that warnings are given and if the warnings are not heeded or unacceptable behaviour continues then a ban is implemented.
A simple system really.
What the causes are in this case I don't know, nor do have the need to find out.
My 2c .
Cheers....spog....

austin owns ahb. but thats not the point being discussed here.
seriously peoples what has happened has happened and it falls on one person alone as being responsible. thats it.
this wasn't a light decision and was discussed at length before it happened. end of story.
any bans or time outs are discussed by the mods/ admins well before they happen with the exception of spammers they get an instant ban.
plus ill point you all to rule 14
14. Posts complaining about moderation, or discussing administrative decisions will be deleted. Such discussion should take place via Private Message.
this one has been let gofer the time being but i don't know for how much longer

Spare a thought for the guys who got banned last year during the "Great Purge".

I know of one member who was banned, and the site owner or admin didn't even have the courtesy to advise him why he was banned.
Great Purge, my @rse. Sounds like you are baiting/ trolling with that comment.
You break the rules, you go to gaol, same as everyone, whether an individual or group action.

I would like to suggest we all move right along now and get back to discussing things like brewing, and drinking good beers.
Batz, you know that conflict is more enticing than brewing and drinking. Not even sure why I got drawn in to this conversation, but it seems some others are just trolling. Surely there's a rule about that?

The issue that led to the banning is clearly a personal one solely between Austin and Nev, not between Nev and the other Admins and Mods etc.

And don't tell me otherwise. Austin put it clearly on p.1 of this thread: "I think it's a personal issue best left between the banned and the person doing it... It's a personality conflict and I would like to leave it at that."

So if Austin simply hit the ignore button to ban receipt of further PMs from Nev, that would leave Austin in peace of mind and Nev open to contact with you and other site officials. No counter-productivity there.

Bradsbrews (Admin) stated what's really going on here on p.1 : "Long story short, if you get nasty via pm and emails to the owner, the owner's not going to put up with it."

Attempts to explain this otherwise appear to be weak.
I respect the right not to have to explain why someone's (possibly d!ckhead) behaviour has got them banned. THEY know!
I have noticed an increasing belligerence toward mods on this forum, and was wondering when it would come to a head. I just didn't realise that it had already happened and was continuing to happen.

OK to lock this thread, now that I've included my 2c worth.

Batz, you know that conflict is more enticing than brewing and drinking. Not even sure why I got drawn in to this conversation, but it seems some others are just trolling. Surely there's a rule about that?
Trolling or just plain whinging.

Few more hours till beer o'clock

whinginghomer.jpg

I try not to troll......but some times I can help myself.

Sometime when I see a sleeping bear I just get an urge to poke it with a stick.

This I time I saw a bear and just put the stick out for the rest of you to poke it with.

Can I have my stick back please, I think bear is rightfully (or righteously) getting angry.

I think its time to let sleeping bears lie.

Sleeping bears are easy to let lie. Sleeping bares are a much more difficult situation.

Methinks we have had enough discussion of the issue raised in this thread. Time to get back to the more usual discussions.

Sleeping bears are easy to let lie. Sleeping bares are a much more difficult situation.

Methinks we have had enough discussion of the issue raised in this thread. Time to get back to the more usual discussions.
I agree about those sleeping beers. Too strong, and they do make you somnulent, and the cracking headaches.

Thread locked for now as it seems most interested have had their say. Questions about moderation and admin decisions are supposed to be via pm so the thread has done well to remain thus far.
However, it's important people have a say and feel listened to so we've deliberately considered that balance.
For now, direct any further questions to a relevant mod via pm or just accept and move on.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back