Anyone With Links To New Breweries That I Can Help?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisluki

Reaction score
Hey guys

I got an email this week form a small brewery asking if I would like to receive a couple of samples to do a video review on, which I was more than happy to do, and it got me thinking.

I am a way off being the size of the big guys like Crafty Pint, Oz Brewnews, Ale Of A Time etc, but some of my blog posts and videos are starting to reach audiences in the thousands. Those kinds of numbers might be appealing to other smaller breweries, but not so much to the bigger guys, and in the reverse, smaller breweries may not be of as much interest to the bigger news/blog sites...I wonder if there is a way I can help out some of the smaller guys build their audience?

Just a thought, let me know what you think. Not a money grabbing exercise on my part, I am doing this for the love of beer...I figure this might be a good way for me to give back to the community that I am so passionate about.

Anyway, if any of you have links to breweries that might be interested in me doing a video review of their brews, feel free to pass along my email address.

Cheers

Chris
[email protected]

I would imagine this will be dependent on the location of your readers... does your web host provide you this information?

My immediate thought was Wilsons Brewery in WA, aka pilgrimspiss but as he is only distributing currently around the albany area, if your audience is in sydney, melbourne etc. it aint gonna be much help!

Just a thought though, but I think it's a great idea.

Matplat said:
I would imagine this will be dependent on the location of your readers... does your web host provide you this information?

My immediate thought was Wilsons Brewery in WA, aka pilgrimspiss but as he is only distributing currently around the albany area, if your audience is in sydney, melbourne etc. it aint gonna be much help!

Just a thought though, but I think it's a great idea.
Yeah that's a good point.

I know I can see countries on my website, not sure about cities? I also have a fair bit of traffic coming via FB as well, and post my videos to YT and Insta too...not sure if I can get that detail from them?

Thought there might have been a few more lads with connections on here?

Its a great idea.
Craft brewers are popping up like never before. You are dedicated to making the vids. They are dedicated to their beers but are largely unknown. Any word of mouth conversations can help the movement of better beer/craft beer.
Technicalities of transporting the samples really. Offer it up that they post you free beer and you give them a review?

I think there is 90+ craft brewers in Victoria alone. So I resist to mention any by name.

Its a good idea chrisluki.

Danscraftbeer said:
Its a great idea.
Craft brewers are popping up like never before. You are dedicated to making the vids. They are dedicated to their beers but are largely unknown. Any word of mouth conversations can help the movement of better beer/craft beer.
Technicalities of transporting the samples really. Offer it up that they post you free beer and you give them a review?

I think there is 90+ craft brewers in Victoria alone. So I resist to mention any by name.

Its a good idea chrisluki.
Thanks mate...I'd like to think I could help in a small way...it all helps. An old mate of mine used to say that many crumbs make a loaf!

2 stubbies in a postpack to Hobart, whats that $10? I'd say that's money well spent by a small brewery...do you?

Takes me a few hours to write, record, edit and share the videos, but I bloody love doing it. My recent Green Beacon one reached 3,500 people and viewed by 1,000 on Facebook...not bad numbers, and that's nowhere near some of the numbers I have had, and it's growing.

Anyway, I'm up for it if anyone is keen!!

Try contact Buckleys Brewery in Healesville, Vic.

Not sure if Brendan the owner is on here often but he's a home bee abd member of Melbourne Brewers.

Small brewery, family owned but I know he's trying to get the name out there.

Bit of an example of what I did for Hobart Brewing Co last night.

Would probably keep it a bit shorter for regular beer reviews!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back