Anyone used these burners?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
they look like they would chew up a bottle in no time ;)
Which burner would you go for yob? (single batches mainly)

Kayne said:
Which burner would you go for yob? (single batches mainly)
I have the chimney burner. It goes through a 9 kg bottle in three to four batches . You do get a good boil form it though .

I used a 3 ring for single batches, mostly with 2 rings, I now use a 4 ring for 75lt batches with mostly 3 rings :)

I get (what I consider) amazing efficiency out of a 9kg bottle with those burners (~6 batches with the 5-6 Batches with the 4 ring), depends on how much you are willing to spend on both gas and the burner I guess, must be noted that I run mine with a Medium Pressure Regulator too,

Really depends on your setup mate, many people end up blocking jets on Mongolians, others love their spirals, it's a world of choice and what suits my Ghetto set up may not suit your rig etc...

If I had to spend my money all over again... I'd do it the same.

i use a 32 mongolian on a low pressure reg to do 69L batches. But it can do 100L batches if i want it to. A mongolian kind of looks like a cross between the two above.

I've used a duckbill burner to boil 150L of water before too. I think it may be overkill for waht you want. They get real sooty on low flame too.

Thanks guys. Think I may just use. My old 3 ring to start with, and upgrade if I need to.

I use a 23 jet mongolian and can get 3 brews out of it (minimum), plus a few months of BBQ use from the same 9kg cylinder. Not brewing regularly ATM so hard to give you an exact figure on how much it uses. It gets a good boil going, doesn't throw too much soot and works well for my system.

Paid about 120 for mine with a stand.

The advantage with the chimney burner will be you'll be able to focus the heat directly to the pot and you'll also have a bit of a wind shield around it.

JD

Back