Anyone tried these keg chargers ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!! I like the regulator one too, I don't get much love with the other sort and tend to go through quite a number of bulbs due to poor seals, bookmarked

Cheers

Being an owner of the cheaper type, I'd definitely say pay the extra and get the more expensive one Batz, the others are rubbish.

Kegking have these too. $50, so slightly more even after postage.

I exchanged my leaking plastic one for a credit and paid the balance.

Seems good, solid construction, tight seals so far. The regulator and on/off dial are much more useful than the trigger system on the old one. Not sure of how accurate the regulator is though.

The premium ones look awesome. About time a reasonable priced regulated version is getting out there. I really liked these but could never justify the price. Less than $50 sounds much better.

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1090

I have the keg charger similar to the first one but a different brand and looks slightly different. Doesn't leak though and has kept gas in the cylinder many months after its last use.

Slight thread hijack: do you think it's ok to use bike shop c02, or is 'food grade' pretty meaningful in this case?

Mr. No-Tip said:
Slight thread hijack: do you think it's ok to use bike shop c02, or is 'food grade' pretty meaningful in this case?
Unless you have a good reason (like you can get them wholesale) the fine whip guys have CO2 for whipped cream at about $2 a bulb if you buy a pack of 30 maybe (at least that's the last time I looked)

Has anyone actually bought anything from finewhip successfully? I am in the middle of a paypal dispute with them and they seem fairly useless to me.

Apologies for further hijacking.

I've been looking a getting a keg charger for a long time.

Thanks for posting Batz. It looks like a good bit of kit.

Cheers,

OK so I still haven't bought one of these, some of you guys must have though.

I'm interested in a report on how you find them.

Batz

Hey Batz, thanks for the link...just ordered one now.
I've had the trigger type for a couple of years, found it a bit variable in terms of getting the right pressure.
Looking forward to trying this out...will keep you posted.

jakethesnake559 said:
Hey Batz, thanks for the link...just ordered one now.
I've had the trigger type for a couple of years, found it a bit variable in terms of getting the right pressure.
Looking forward to trying this out...will keep you posted.

Thanks cobber, I think I'll just bite the bullet and order one as well.

Batz

I bought one of the keg chargers. Havent used it yet but it will be part of my jockey box build.

Once I get the next batch kegged and the jockey box rigged up I'll post a review.

Anyone used their soda bulb reg yet? Care to comment on it?

Cheers.

Couldn't resist getting the regulator version as well. 150psi is pretty high on the regulator though, with not much lower end scaling but for the price it's still pretty awesome value.

Mr. No-Tip said:
I use bike store c02. keep an eye out on cellbikes or torpedo7
when they are 99c each i buy a few with my latest mtb gear purchases

Not meaning to say that it IS bad, but I'd feel much more confident in using the food grade CO2.

It may very well be completely harmless, but I'd happily pay a little extra for that peace of mind.

On a related note, those chargers look the goods. I have the old faithful plastic one and have had a couple of leak issues with them, along with quite quickly being able to over-pressurise a keg, especially if someone comes along (with the charger still on) and gives it a bit of a squeeze. I haven't been able to get a happy medium (pressure-wise) too often with the one I have so am quite interested to getting one of these to replace it.

Batz, you are a bad man!! :D Hoping these last out until next month when I have "beer" money to spend. Bulk grain buy wiped out this months allowance.

And hopefully you guys will have posted up some reviews as to whether they are worth buying.

Latest posts

Back