Anyone tried these keg chargers ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look great & what a price! But why 150psi? I've got a Leland one which I bought in the USA, a lot dearer but solid as a rock. Was buying 74g bulbs online but now swap 330g sodastream cylinders @Woolies. Cheap & Easy.
http://i.imgur.com/bttepkJ.jpg

Trivia : tiny 8g bulbs are at ~900psi !

Another idea is the regulator inside TapKing, no dial but I guess it's ~15psi. Also has no thread but it only costs $23?
http://i.imgur.com/dqgBoAP.jpg

I just bought one of these from kegking, i think the regulator is faulty.
Pulled my keg out of fridge that was on 12psi, hooked the new keg charger system up with the new tap too. The regulator is showing 50psi and doesn't go any further down even after releasing pressure from the keg.
All it poors is a fair amount of froth. Might have more of a fiddle with it.
Has someone got any tips with these things?

Doh!

I have yet to try mine, I hope it's not a lemon. :unsure:

I just depressurized the keg totally then hooked it back up, seems to poor good now psi set to 62 as im guessing its stuck on 50psi as 0

I'm using one of these with a tapking which doesn't have a pressure release other than pouring beer. Is it possible to get an inline pressure reducing valve?

Ok so I bought one of these and it seems quite good, as stated the PSI pressure gauge is a bit howdy doody. I want it to serve my party kegs only, and I think it will be fine for this, no more lugging soda stream bottles and regulators along.

Batz

C02 Charger 002.JPG

Hey Batz, I don't spose you want to sell one of those kegs?

bradsbrew said:
Hey Batz, I don't spose you want to sell one of those kegs?

I only have six of them left mate, so no thanks.

Hey, I used to buy them in lots of four from the US, $25.00 each and $30.00 shipping. Of course I also bough 19Lt kegs, four delivered for $35.00 Those were the days.

Batz

Back