anyone tried several test batch dry hops for their beer before settlin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droid

somewhere on the slippery slope with a beer in han
Reaction score
just thinking, I have two fridges and two 20+ltr brews that need to be dry hopped soon, one is a lager and one is a wheat not that it really matters

has anyone racked off say 4 tubes and dry hopped each tube with a different hop to see which one they like?

if it is 1g per litre and each vessel is say 125ml - that's a tiny spec of hops eh? don't know how to work that out

what say you, how do I gets me some 125ml testers?

Trouble is, such a small sample is hard to guage, especially with green beer, why not split the whole into 2 FV'S?

Trouble is, such a small sample is hard to guage, especially with green beer, why not split the whole into 2 FV'S?
right Yob yes I see your point, have got 6x5ltr carboys but they are tied up, one fermenter free so could do one brew at a time, split it into 10...hang on one of those fermenters wont fit back in the fridge dammit, guess I could leave it out over a few mild days eh?

You'll have to let the samples ferment out, condition, carb up, chill to serving temp etc to get a proper appreciation of what each can bring re a dry hop

I know someone here posted about making up hop tea for drinking, to test flavours. Can't link to it from phone though. If you look for it remember it's very different to most hop teas which are made to dry hop so pretty concentrated and no guide to real flavour.

I have tried using adding small amounts to a bland commercial beer (bud on special), recapping and leaving for a week or 2, which was pretty informative but again takes time

Latest posts

Back