Anyone Seen These Pumps?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished using one of these tonight for the first time.

Happy

Campbell

i use one of those for hlt to mash transfer. One of the best purchases so far for my brewery.
Actually, i also use it to recirculate my HLT which i've found means i don't have to stir the hlt by hand to get an even temp reading for my strike water. Got sick of thinking i was a strike temp, only to give it a quick stir and find that the temp drops by a few degrees. Now i just hook up this little pump and recirculate until i dough in..

Not sure i'd use it for transferring wort, but for basic hot water transfer, they are cheap and full of awesomeness.

Did you get Brad to help plumb it in??

<_< . Yes in hindsight the poor pump had no chance of survival :lol: . But worked great pumping from the hlt to the tun until I snapped it due my poor thinking.
Yardy I had mine temporarily wired to a 12v battery jump starter. I had plans to use a 12v christmas light power pack.

Cheers

Yeah the brown pump rocks, I just got one for my new rig, loving it.

i use one of those for hlt to mash transfer. One of the best purchases so far for my brewery.

...snip...

Not sure i'd use it for transferring wort, but for basic hot water transfer, they are cheap and full of awesomeness.

They seem like it for such a low cost. I also like the idea of a permanent pump for my HLT however its easy enough to swap a few hoses around and utilise my 815 March.

Just finished using one of these tonight for the first time.

Happy

Campbell
Well i'll be fecked! had no idea these even existed. Look like i can take my HLT off the top of the fridge now. :icon_cheers:

So how did the new brewery go Campbell?

:beerbang: :super: Just used the mash tun and did a very ghetto pump hook up with fittings I had lying around.

21092011467.jpg

21092011468.jpg

Sorry about the dodgy phone photos.

Went like a dream Batz. Recirculated for about 10 mins with each of the two batch sparges. Wort came out crystal clear, hit my volume exactly and got about another 10% efficiency.

Where did you get those plastic butterfly type connectors that were on the hose? I wouldn't mind getting a couple more.

Cheers

Campbell

The UK brewers are using these for HLT and Wort transfer from the mash tun. Rated to 120c apparently.
http://shop.solarproject.co.uk/sp2020-easy...A3195-p-10.html

I'm thinking single tier.....

3x pumps
HLT from bottom of vessel to lid
Mash Tun from bottom of vessel to lid
Kettle to fermenter via chiller.

Recirc strike water to strike temp
to mash in - move HLT lid to Mash Tun
Recirc wort in mash tun
mash out, move Mash tun lid to kettle

Could possibly recirc boiling wort to sanitise the chiller and everything too...

hmmm

:beerbang: :super: Just used the mash tun and did a very ghetto pump hook up with fittings I had lying around.

View attachment 48493

View attachment 48494

Sorry about the dodgy phone photos.

Went like a dream Batz. Recirculated for about 10 mins with each of the two batch sparges. Wort came out crystal clear, hit my volume exactly and got about another 10% efficiency.

Where did you get those plastic butterfly type connectors that were on the hose? I wouldn't mind getting a couple more.

Cheers

Campbell

Banished to the pool area I see :p

Looks the goods Campbell! What did you end up doing with the spare 3 hours you had up your sleeve not waiting for your mash tun to drip sparge...

:ph34r:

tim,

here is a pic of the inside of the pump

pump4.JPG

i have got one but havent run it yet

ceramic shaft and ryton plastic (same stuff as the march pump impeller is made out of)

cheers matho

nice, is that for your next gen bm? Looks like a decent march pump alternative. I liked the sound of run dry protection.

I've had one of those brown pumps for a while. Started out ok, but stops pumping when it gets too hot. Let it cool down and it's okay again. I was using it in a ghetto herms, as a trial to see if I wanted to go down that path. It would either cut out while ramping up from 52 to 66 or during the mash. It appears to not like a high ambient temp for a longer period of time. It would work well for how others are using it, eg transfer from HLT, or recirc wort for sparge. Happy to say new March pump has just cleared customs.
The brown pump will probably be used to pump from the HLT once new system is up and running. It is a fairly good little pump, but be careful of the silicon o ring that seals the front cover. Broke mine quite easily when cleaning and can be a bitch to find if you drop it.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Latest posts

Back