Anyone Own An E Bike?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I end up getting a job in Queensland... damn.. this forum is giving me the shivers. Is it really that bad?!

PS: Batz ur spot on Nick wouldn't succumb to shopping at the local Target to buy a pink bike, which means it would have to be ebay with free postage and have 7 free gifts, which explains the (2) trainer wheels, (2) tassels, (2) wheel flower discs and bag in front.

Queensland is great if you don't mind the fact that you are gouged every time you switch on a light, buy petrol so you can sit in a gridlock, turn on the tap, register your car, travel on roads that are ten years behind Sydney or Melbourne because they had the foresight to put in the infrastructure, and don't mind the fact that Brisbane is in a smog inversion bowl and has no beaches as such within an hours drive you'll be fine. However if you are willing to move out a bit to, say Bundberg or Toowoomba or Maryborough well that's about it, you can have a nice lifestyle. Forget anywhere further north due to the resources boom.

Subtropical paradise
subtropical_paradise.JPG

So why don't I shut TF up and get out of the place? Now where do I start a relocation whip round :rolleyes: It's only living on Bribie Island that keeps me hereabouts.
edit; the banjo music is soothing as well. - but don't get sick, oh no don't ever get sick -_-

what about really north north!? cairns...

PS: that pic looks just like parts of outer suburban Melbourne to me

I <3 Cairns.

Well, not so much Cairns itself but the areas surrounding it are absolutely beautiful. eg: Trinity Beach, Kuranda etc. I was seriously looking into relocating there a year or two ago, but.... now im about to buy a house in Sydney so I guess that's out of the picture for a few more years to come. I will just have to keep dreaming of my laid back tropical lifestyle.... :rolleyes:

I <3 Cairns.

Well, not so much Cairns itself but the areas surrounding it are absolutely beautiful. eg: Trinity Beach, Kuranda etc. I was seriously looking into relocating there a year or two ago, but.... now im about to buy a house in Sydney so I guess that's out of the picture for a few more years to come. I will just have to keep dreaming of my laid back tropical lifestyle.... :rolleyes:

mmm, backpackers :icon_drool2:

QldKev

lol

a backpacker just sold me some unneeded shite at the door today... I suppose that is common both places :p

I think I have seen you riding down the road with your 19L Big W pot for a helmet

My head won't fit in that pot - don't be ridickulus.

One day I will upgrade to a 30L pot and then, oh, by golly goodness you're all in trouble - TROUBLE I TELL YOU!

Bribie, don't forget the Queenslanders who have to turn their high beam lights on at every opportunity... or the fact they're afraid of daylight saving...

Queensland is great if you don't mind the fact that you are gouged every time you switch on a light, buy petrol so you can sit in a gridlock, turn on the tap, register your car, travel on roads that are ten years behind Sydney or Melbourne because they had the foresight to put in the infrastructure, and don't mind the fact that Brisbane is in a smog inversion bowl and has no beaches as such within an hours drive you'll be fine. However if you are willing to move out a bit to, say Bundberg or Toowoomba or Maryborough well that's about it, you can have a nice lifestyle. Forget anywhere further north due to the resources boom.

Subtropical paradise
View attachment 41725

So why don't I shut TF up and get out of the place? Now where do I start a relocation whip round :rolleyes: It's only living on Bribie Island that keeps me hereabouts.
edit; the banjo music is soothing as well. - but don't get sick, oh no don't ever get sick -_-

Bribie, don't forget the Queenslanders who have to turn their high beam lights on at every opportunity... or the fact they're afraid of daylight saving...

You can go ahead and save your daylight - we're spending it.

On new curtains.

Meet Bertie

bertieMedium.jpg

He absolutely rocks, goes like a shower of shyte - seven gears, rear disc brake, Lithium ion battery, 80k range on a 20 cent charge.
When you start pedalling the motor senses you and cuts in, or you can use it just like a motorbike and use the hand twist throttle. Made in Melbourne :icon_cheers:

With regards to the Zbox motor. A workmate got one for commuting to work. A few weeks/months later, he got sprung by the cops. $550ish in fines. Unregistered, no motorbike licence, yada yada yada.
He wasn't happy.

But hey they do look awesome.

Yes there's a big shitfight on in NSW at the moment - everywhere else in Australia you can ride them legally as long as they don't exceed 200 watts power but apparently they have stuffed up the Act in NSW for some reason, I heard a report on Radio National recently. My kits n bits buddy from round the corner is riding round for our Tuesday beer-up, on his mountian bike. I'll give him a race up and down the street :)

Two old farts booked for hooning B)

Wow, that looks awesome BribieG!

80 km on a single charge, is that possible?

Bjorn

Yes there's a big shitfight on in NSW at the moment - everywhere else in Australia you can ride them legally as long as they don't exceed 200 watts power but apparently they have stuffed up the Act in NSW for some reason, I heard a report on Radio National recently. My kits n bits buddy from round the corner is riding round for our Tuesday beer-up, on his mountian bike. I'll give him a race up and down the street :)

Two old farts booked for hooning B)

Sigh and they introduce these new laws for the younger generation <_<

Although they do look awesome, how the hell do they classify as a motorbike?

Back