Anyone Have Experience With Styrian Goldings?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used them with Saaz in 2 AG belgians,
and by themselves in a knk stout. All turned out fantastic.

I love em late or 1g per litre for dry hopping in bitters, leave em in the keg (voille bag) till the beer tastes great, then fish em out. Yummmmm!!

Only 28 grams Styrian Goldings dry hopped

pumpy :)

Dry_hoppin_2.JPG

Noice, pumpy, noice indeed....you kinda make me want to visit my sister in Camden, just so I can drop in to say 'ey up...

Noice, pumpy, noice indeed....you kinda make me want to visit my sister in Camden, just so I can drop in to say 'ey up...

Let me know when you are coming Butters you are always welcome

Give me some notice the beers are a bit run down after Christmas just building them up again

Pumpy . :)

Not for a while, I'm afraid, me old mate....I've nae money for a trip....But it's certainly on the cards at some point.

bump. am thinking of brewing a lager and am thinking of using these. any thoughts? after reading this post im thinking against it.

Lobo

Styrian Goldings are grown in Slovenia which is the part of the former Yugoslavia lying just to the South of Austria. It was part of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire and they didn't grow hops there as a work experience exercise, they were and are a major supplier to the Austrian brewing industry. Apparently the SGs were used in Vienna Reds etc and should go well as an aroma hop in darker or red lagers. Because they are derived originally from Fuggles they might be a bit strange in lighter lagers and Pilseners but I can well imagine them in Dunkels, Vienna Reds etc. :icon_cheers:

Styrian Goldings are grown in Slovenia which is the part of the former Yugoslavia lying just to the South of Austria. It was part of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire and they didn't grow hops there as a work experience exercise, they were and are a major supplier to the Austrian brewing industry. Apparently the SGs were used in Vienna Reds etc and should go well as an aroma hop in darker or red lagers. Because they are derived originally from Fuggles they might be a bit strange in lighter lagers and Pilseners but I can well imagine them in Dunkels, Vienna Reds etc. :icon_cheers:
Ahh yes, Slovenia, what a lovely little country.
Caught a glimpse of some of these very hops growing on our way through Slovenia recently.
Slov_Hops.jpg

Anyway, beautiful hops. I find they seem to compliment the maltiness in the English bitters. The delicate spicy vanilla note about them really grows on you! :icon_drool2:
I've tried the NZ flowers as well. Bit softer in flavour, very nice aromatic quality though.

Anyway, beautiful hops. I find they seem to compliment the maltiness in the English bitters. The delicate spicy vanilla note about them really grows on you! :icon_drool2:
I've tried the NZ flowers as well. Bit softer in flavour, very nice aromatic quality though.

I have heard that Whychwood Fiddler's Elbow is all Styrian Goldings. Grab one if you can and drink it to find out if you like these hops.

Hi to all. My first post here... :)

I wanted to ask one thing. I have some Super styrian hops, and I was wondering if they are the same thing as Styrian Goldings?

Hey all, I have 90g of Styrian Goldings (AA 2.3 %) was wondering if anyone had any all grain hints as to what to do with these? I was thinking about an ESB. Do you think this will suit the style ???

Any Ideas ???

Yukky hop, chuck'em out

Latest posts

Back