Anybody Made A Grand Cuvee?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeSm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

i have bottled my version of a grand cuvee last week and was wondering if anyone has a recipe for one that they have done before and liked.

i tryed to go for around 8-9% abv. i used:

*mangrove jacks belgian ale
*800g dextrose
*800g Dark Dry Malt
*300g maltodextrin
*150g crystal grain
*50g Choc malted dark grain
*2x12g Hallertau one for 30 mins and one for 15 with heat off

colour was spot on perfect when bottled.

what does everyone think of this recipe??...i know it tasted good when i bottled it..lol

i would like to do another one again anyone got any ideas??

Cheers.

Are you trying to do a Rodenbach Grand Cru ? What type of beer are you trying to copy ? Grand Cuvee is champagne...What yeast did you use ?

I would suggest maybe waiting a month or so to see what it turns out like first before making another one to see if you want to adjust anything.

Grand cuvee to me is a high strength german lager and is a few shades darker than usual due to the extra roasted barley and grains added. It has a strong floral hop aroma and taste but not all that bitter. It is also a tad maltiet than usual.

I have never really seen these beers anywhere except a few microbrewerys..(murrays grand cuvee is the bomb) so that is what im trying to clone..
Any help with style origin and recipes would be appreciated as there is not much info around for what im trying to do.
Im really just guessing and designing my own lol

Actually i think the murrays beer was a grand cru...thanks now i can research again. Haha

Back