Any Tassie All Grainers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itmechanic

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondering if there are any Tassie all grain brewers on this forum. Where do you all get your bulk grains from? Any interest in a bulk buy?

Cheers

Paul

I'm a fellow Taswegian

I get my grains from brew by you out in moonah... not that it much help to you up there in inceston ;)

atm i'm not interested in a bulk buy, bought 2 bags of malt last year and still going through them..... very slowly

What system are you running?

Yeah. Im a Tassie AG brewer.
I moving back up to Qld soon..
Same as Dug, Geoff at Brew By You is your best option for Grain, or G @ G in Melbourne.
Not many AG brewers down here...mainly all KnKers.
Dont think you would get a Bulk Buy going down here...Geoff and I have talked about it, but too hard to organise.
Not enough AG brewers
Cheers

wish i could help you out but got enough grain to last me to christmas. if anything i need more time to brew, got plenty of grain/hops/yeast/empty keg space.
also get my base grains at brew by you. good luck
joe

Cant wait to hook up with the Brissie brewers.
I have met Ross and went to a Babbs meeting. Looking forward to going to more.
And....our Merinos have some of the best fine wool in the world, just ask the Japs or Italians.
Ill bring up my King Island Merino jumper for InCider. :lol:

Im the same as the others and get my bulk grain from Brew by You when in Hobart and get smaller amounts of specialty grain from Craft Brewer or Grain and Grape.
Would be difficult to get a bulk grain buy going as the few AG's in Tas are spread from one end of the state to the other.

Cheers
Chris

Itmechanic: Hi and welcome to the forum. As the boys have said Geof at 'Brew by You" Moonah Hobart for 25Kilo bags of grain and Amanda at Tasmania Brewing Supplies does Kilo bags of specialty grains. Not sure whether she would order in a bag of whatever for you with her own stock. We are going up to Epping Forest on the 6th.- 7th June to baby sit the farm while daughter and partner are going overseas for a couple of weeks might be able to bring something up if you are interested. PM me and maybe work something out. The AG scene is a bit thin on the ground in Tassie but don't despair we still make good beer in the deep south. Here is some useless info.......Cascade have a new beer out called first harvest saw it in BWS this morning selling for 80 bucks a case 24 x 330ml stubbies. Who are they kidding.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Here is some useless info.......Cascade have a new beer out called first harvest saw it in BWS this morning selling for 80 bucks a case 24 x 330ml stubbies. Who are they kidding.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

It's bloody nice stuff though. Worth 20 bux a sixpack if it's anything like last years.

Hi All

Just wondering if there are any Tassie all grain brewers on this forum. Where do you all get your bulk grains from? Any interest in a bulk buy?

Cheers

Paul

Sent you the price list.

Given the water quality down here and the culture i'm surprised that AG brewing isn't more common. I've been battling for years to get grain at a decent price. Cryer malts have come to the picture for these that are keen. TF bags for around $50-60 isn't to be sniffed at if the numbers are there.

Let the Woolven St Brewery set the standard for North Tassie... :icon_chickcheers:

I thought last years first harvest was crap. The year before, 2007, was good. more of a floral flavour to it last one was too hoppy harsh for my liking

Im the same as the others and get my bulk grain from Brew by You when in Hobart and get smaller amounts of specialty grain from Craft Brewer or Grain and Grape.
Would be difficult to get a bulk grain buy going as the few AG's in Tas are spread from one end of the state to the other.

Cheers
Chris

Sure is TasChris, wouldn't take much though there's at least three of us :eek: ....??? i know i go through around 8 bags a year .... no I don't have a beer drinking problem, I can brew more than I can drink (at least since going to double batches). :beer:

Yeah. Im a Tassie AG brewer.
I moving back up to Qld soon..
Same as Dug, Geoff at Brew By You is your best option for Grain, or G @ G in Melbourne.
Not many AG brewers down here...mainly all KnKers.
Dont think you would get a Bulk Buy going down here...Geoff and I have talked about it, but too hard to organise.
Not enough AG brewers
Cheers

Tazman1967, sad to hear you're goin to warmer pastures mate, but hey, your mum wont need those rhizomes will she? you could bring me some when you come and get your stir plate. :D

chappo, they have bigger teats here....

guys,
if we're serious enough, we could arrange something, case swap every 3 / 6 months...
i know there's a few more people from tassie on the forum...
i travel to launceston a bit and sometimes devonport....
I'm happy to go half bags if anyone's interested...

cheers,
somnar..

A case swap... sounds good to me. I just have to remember to bottle a few brews rather than putting it all into the keg :)

might put some of my latest brew into a bottle, its a galaxy and nelson savin ale. its only been bubbling for 2 days and I can tell she's going to be a very tasty brew.

I've sent out a pm those in touch so far, for those interested it seams that even as low a 4 bags on the pallet it gives a fair saving per bag.

pm me if interested, and i'll get it together, at these prices it would be worth the south part of the state getting involved. As for a case swap this is a must. I'm in. My latest Belgium double has turned out very moreish, drop in to the woolven st brewery for a try!!!

A case swap... sounds good to me. I just have to remember to bottle a few brews rather than putting it all into the keg :)
same here. bottles are running low, actually, so are the kegs. would be good to do a swap though so will definitely fill a few bottles each batch from now on.
might be better timing for a bulk buy on grain later in the year for me though. have hardly brewed the last few months so still have heaps of grain to get through. cheers.
joe

same here. bottles are running low, actually, so are the kegs. would be good to do a swap though so will definitely fill a few bottles each batch from now on.
might be better timing for a bulk buy on grain later in the year for me though. have hardly brewed the last few months so still have heaps of grain to get through. cheers.
joe

Definitely need to look longer term on bulk buys down here, i'll keep the door open try to get the tassie ag'ers insinc for grain buys.

pm to get on the mailing list.

Im down in Scottsdale in July, if you want some hops etc I can bring some down.Would like to catch up with any local brewers for a brew day.Can talk about a bulk grain delivery then.
GB

Latest posts

Back