Any Sign Of Belgian Beerfest Results?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itmechanic

Reaction score
I know its early days, but was wondering if any results have been published yet?

Cheers,
Paul

I know its early days, but was wondering if any results have been published yet?

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul, i havent head anything on it either, have a couple of entries in, most of the rest of the guys in Westgate missed entering the comp because the entries were picked up first thing on the morning of the closing date rather than at the end of the day, seems to have been a bit of a whoopsie there. I'm sure ther must be some YVB members on the forum that could tell us how the event went.

I actually thought the comp was on Sunday & turned up to the brewery as I was visiting a freind nearby, had their pils & porter, both were very nice beers, pils had a low bit of sulpher but had a good chunk of nice & sweet vienna malt. porter was a good robust tasting drop.

I judged at the comp this year and it appeared to go quite well - was generally well run and the day ran pretty smoothly.

Pity that it sounds like some Westgaters missed out due to an early collection - might be worth someone from the club emailing YVB or the comp organisers to let them know - would have bolstered the numbers a little I am sure.

Well done to all who placed - I had the pleasure of tasting some pretty good beers in the Strong cat.

Definitely worth people getting up to Coldstream Brewery at some stage if you haven't been - decent beers and great pizzas.

Looking forward to the comp next year!!

Brendo

well done all,

I wonder if I could have put my infected ESB into wild beer and pulled a 2nd :)

would have at least given the Gunz some credibility for comming first :)
just joking he makes very good beers.
Brendo did he grumble that the tripel was under bittered?

Hot Damn. Look at the field in the Wild Beer Category. Just one. :blink:

I think I'm making a Lambic or Gueze next year! They're the best odds I've ever seen.

Trouble is, the idea of introducing Brett into my brewery scares the hell out of me.
Don't want my other beers tasting like sour horse-blankets. Maybe that's why this category was so thin on the ground?

Seeing that result does make you think about it though.

By the way - I'm not taking a dig at Guenz either - makes the best darn Schwartz Bier a man will ever taste. If he ever offers you one, don't say no!

Hopper.

Edit - forgot how to spell Schwartz Bier!

would have at least given the Gunz some credibility for comming first :)
just joking he makes very good beers.
Brendo did he grumble that the tripel was under bittered?

I am sure that there was some noise mate... can't remember what it was though. Nice work on that beer - was rather good and the score reflected that - obvioiusly!!

Latest posts

Back