Any Gout Sufferers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I've had gout on and off for years affecting mostly the right foot and occasionally the knee where it causes bursitis (not my knee in photo but you get the idea)
knee_prepatellar_bursitis.jpg

Until recently I would limp around for days on end, then it would clear up and return, often in the middle of the night. Gout is caused by high levels of uric acid and beer is a common culprit :angry: Anyway I went on an economy drive coming up to Christmas and - with regrets - stopped having lunch at my favourite Indian Veg cafe in the Valley on my way into work twice a week. The gout and bursitis have cleared up and for the first time in months I can run around like a spring chook and no pain or inflammation anywhere.

common theme? The Indian Place serves 3 curry and rice, and most of the curries are loaded with legumes - chickpeas, lentils, beans, peas and delicious soya 'dumplings' in the Saturday menu that I never failed to miss. I first developed really bad gout 3 years ago when I was on a herbalife meal replacement programme which is based on soya products.

Insert icon for light globe switching on.

Might be helpful for any gout sufferers. Legumes, I've discovered, are high in Purines -> uric acid.

Good find Bribie, sounds and looks painfully debilitating, so I'm glad to hear you are on the mend and hope you've got it licked.

The flatus, is it any better too? :p
(Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I so wanted to use that term!)

Good find Bribie, sounds and looks painfully debilitating, so I'm glad to hear you are on the mend and hope you've got it licked.

The flatus, is it any better too? :p
(Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I so wanted to use that term!)

Aye by gum lad, tfartin's stopped :p I reckon India has a lot to answer for in methane production and global warming.. a billion people eating dahl non stop :eek:

Aye by gum lad, tfartin's stopped :p I reckon India has a lot to answer for in methane production and global warming.. a billion people eating dahl non stop :eek:
Crikey mate, you could be on to something there!!! If it hasn't already been done, it would have to make an excellent and worthwhile paper in a scientific journal. :D

Bribie maybe, just maybe, you are drinking more pure and better ( A++ will trade with and medal winning ) beer made by someone who.... I don't know...... brews without crap and preservatives in his beer????

It may take goats years to rid a body of all that junk drunk over the years in the form of build up and finally slow release all that crap out! :eek:

Mmmmm.... maybe it's my pure and natural beer talking right now but I sure as shit have no goaty gout! :lol:

Awww, C'mon, there is a forum member named "GOUT" surely he has something to say???

Would be an expert IMHO.

Cheers and Beers

HK

Latest posts

Back