any BIAB brewers in Bathurst?

• Thread starter willo69a
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in brewdays, swaps and banter.... also long walks on the beach, romcoms, cuddling :lol:
smoo said:
Smartaform started to organise one. Not sure what happened, must have fallen off the radar. What do people want in a brew club? To do brews, swap beers or just talk brewing, or all of the above? If anyone else is keen could they reply in this thread and we could see what we can get happening.

Guys
I am Brian who has the Country Brewer shop here in Bathurst. We had a Brew Club formed back in 1996 which had about 20 members of which about a dozen were always keen. This was all before Grain Brewing became more popular. We used to run a huge homebrew comp. each year but gave that away about 4 yeasr ago. We basically disbanded the club but I still have all the minutes from meetings, etc. I would be only too happy to pass all the info on the a "new" club.
I have sold my Country Brewer Franchise to a young couple from Sydney who are having a "tree change". They take over my store in mid December and I am retiring - from the shop - not brewing. Now I am sure they will be interested in getting behind a brew club for the area.
As said in some of the posts having to drive to these meetings and back home after a few beers is very difficult. I will certainly not be dropping out of the home brew scene all together and I would be only to happy to help you guys get a club off the ground.
May I suggest a get together say at the Beekeepers Inn between Bathurst and Orange one Saturday or Sunday for starters. I know Mark (The Brewer) at the Beekeepers Inn quite well and I am sure we could have a get together there for starters. Or if some one wants to organize something else then go for it.
Cheers and Beers
Brian

hey guys
since I started this post I've got about five biab's under my belt, if only I had more time!! just put down my first stout with a little help from Brian,
great to see you wont be giving up brewing. only problem I see is for brew days is that I need 15amps to run my 3600w element.so not very portable like the gas powered ones. it would be great to swap recipes, ideas and definitely taste a few of everyone's creations. the bee keepers inn would be a fitting spot to meet up, I'll be keeping a close eye on where this thread takes us
cheers willo

Latest posts

Back