Another wet, sad and sorry footballer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem I have with this is the guy in question, while obviously behaving in a pathetic manner - which many/most of us have done after having had too many, was in private surroundings with friends (I'm assuming). I don't see how it is any business of the world as to what this guy gets up to in his own private time and space. Had whoever filmed and shared (for a quick few bucks I'm sure) this video not done so, he'd have woken up the next morning feeling hugely embarrassed, probably with a stinking hangover and probably having lost the respect of the people who were also in the video.

Now, because that video has been released, he's got the world condemning him. I'm not saying that we've all pretended to get it on with a mates dog while pissed but we've certainly all done something or behaved in a way we've all massively regretted after having drunk far too much. And probably have done it more than once.

People on Facebook and other social media are going to be salivating at the opportunity to pretend they're holier than thou and that their shit doesn't stink.

Did he do anything illegal? From the video evidence, no. He acted like a dick, as we all have done at one or more points in our lives.

Agree on some of your points, mate and so glad that there were no smart phones when I was a tearaway but the point remains that they are around today and that everyone is a potential cameraman. Also this guy is in the elite brigade of very well paid footballers and like it or not many want to hold them up as role models to juniors. The one I feel sorry for the most is his teetotal father who was one of the all-time ornaments of the game. He deserves better than this.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Agree on some of your points, mate and so glad that there were no smart phones when I was a tearaway but the point remains that they are around today and that everyone is a potential cameraman. Also this guy is in the elite brigade of very well paid footballers and like it or not many want to hold them up as role models to juniors. The one I feel sorry for the most is his teetotal father who was one of the all-time ornaments of the game. He deserves better than this.
That's a fair comment and I guess the guy has to realise he's pretty much on duty all the time, it's a shame it has to be that way though.

no shame about it for me.
kissing somebody against their wishes is assault at best, and equal to domestic violence viz a viz the power game.
as our new australian of the year said when he was in charge of the army - if you seem to think this is all ok, get out. we don't want you.
there should be zero tolerance. fire him, kick him out of the league and make him an example of how not to behave. in the meantime, it's all treated as a bit of an embarrassing giggle, which flies in the face of our current push against domestic violence. this is public domestic violence and it is defended by people who still tolerate it.

and public or private - he still did it. nothing makes it ok. my big problem with football/ers in general and league in particular is that their minders don't have the balls to stand up, be men, and kick them out.
the same lame excuses are used as with excuses for domestic violence, and it all seems a bit of a giggle to most football fans.
i don't feel sorry for pricks like that, or their terrible upbringings. in fact, if this thread was mixed in with the current domestic violence thread, nobody would stick up for him.

So another shit for brains footy player disgraces himself. Nothing to see here.

michaeld16 said:
So he made a dick of himself, was asked to leave, and left. Is this really a story ?
Story? At ACA or Today Tonight, that's ratings GOLD baby!

michaeld16 said:
So he made a dick of himself, was asked to leave, and left. Is this really a story ?
probably wouldn't want the **** hanging around my daughter!

As a Queenslander I really hope he gets off. Having that fuckwit at halfback for NSW is like having a 14th player on the field for QLD.

Why post the video when it's going to cause issues..i am not defending him..BUT we all have done something we regret,but haven't been FILMED

I feel sorry for the prick. I always tell my kids "they're footballers, not role models". What he did was dumb, no doubt about it, but whoever shared that video is the real arsehole.
I feel sorry for all athletes that are expected to be holier than Joe and Joanne average. If Joe Average did that, it'd probably make a channel 9 'People that love animals that make you laugh out loud' episode and be on the promo reel. He's just another bloke being a dick on the piss. Don't forget he simulated the act. Maybe he pissed on the lounge too? That's not on, but having your career possibly ended by it? No way.

So grateful camera phones didn't exist when I was 20. I could have lost my job every weekend for about 6 years.... IF we were to hold ourselves to rugby league players' apparent standards.

I agree that the scummy little fucker that filmed it and the bottom feeding reporters that make their money by distributing filth are complete arseholes. You wait for all of the journos to start up about how he has disgraced the game and isnt it a shame and he should be sacked etc. Yet if any of those parasites got the video sent to them they couldnt have gotten it out to the public quick enough. If it isnt reported, the game is not tarnished.

Patrick Smith will get about 2 weeks of milage out of this and if Pearce isnt sacked you can bank on about 2 months of bleating and outrage filling up half a page of the Australian. Hypocritical fucks.

Now, where is that rant thread?

Edit: Just had a look at the video- just being a bit of a pissed yob. Had a bit of a crack at kissing one of the girls, she just pulled away -after a couple of seconds mind you, and didnt seem perturbed by it.
Hasn't society turned into one big politically correct wanker?

Droopy Brew said:
2 months of bleating and outrage filling up half a page of the Australian. Hypocritical fucks.
Think of all the extra papers they will sell B)

I don't know. A pissy yob comes into my house, tries to pash my daughter without consent, pisses on my lounge chair and then brags that he's gonna root my dog and picks it up. He would be exclusively on the Heinz soup diet for a month or two no matter who he was...

Latest posts

Back