Another Source Of Kits In Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, thank you!

Does this place sell yeasts and hops and the like as well? Or just the kits?

Georges sells al of the usual suspect brands of Morgans aroma hops in T bags. They are not refrigerated though.

If you are looking for bittering amounts, then BYOAH is the only real commercial option in town. I have seen Safale and Saflager yeasts at Georges, but again, they are not refrigerated and I would personally prefer to pay a dollar and get a fresh US-05 from BYOAH instead.

Certainly BYOAH is the only option apart from Canberra Brewers bulk buys for liquid yeasts.

The internet is, however a beautiful thing and all of the sponsors will be able to help you out if you want to go that way.

As for the increased prices at BYOAH, some forget that this is Col's sole source of business. He doesn't have the luxury of adding a bit to the price of a slab of VB or a bottle of red to subsidise some kits and extract.

No affiliation, just a heap of thanks for the many times I have been lent a reference book or loaned a heater pad or whatever to get a brew off the ground as best as possible.

Fester

BYOAH is in Kambah isn't it?

Unfortunately this is a long way for me to go, and with out a car (well with out licence) it makes it quite difficult to get there. This would mean I have to take a day to do it, and really stock up, but I can rarely find the time.

As soon as I finish this temporary job in Phillip, it will be quite difficult to get to Georges also.

On to hops and yeasts being refrigerated...
When you buy over the internet, I assume they don't send it in refrigeration packaging, so does this compromise the freshness of the product? Or is it too short a time to affect it?

Latest posts

Back