Another one bites the dust.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y
Check out his guitar solo at 3:30
The man was seriously talented on all levels.
..these musicians have got to stop dying ffs!

I certainly agree more with his taste in ladies than I do his wardrobe.

http://www.ranker.com/list/women-who-prince-has-dated/celebrityhookups?page=2

toc_hoffs-susanna_092906.jpg

Dammit, dammit, dammit. That one really hurts for some reason. If you've never listened to his album Prince give it a spin. Some awesome guitar solos. He played almost all, if not all, the instruments on his first five albums. He was an astonishing musician. There's a lot of what he did that doesn't suit my taste, but his talent and determination are undeniable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzIGHxxxS2g&list=PL8cFaF2b783LGFnUyeANegYhGnTc47xOj

How many performers would perform in pelting rain and enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys

Mardoo said:
Dammit, dammit, dammit. That one really hurts for some reason. If you've never listened to his album Prince give it a spin. Some awesome guitar solos. He played almost all, if not all, the instruments on his first five albums. He was an astonishing musician.
He was proficient in something like 30 different instruments ...........musicians like that rarely come around

I never cared much for most of his music* but echo some of what Mardoo said.
Incredibly talented, skilful and passionate musician.

*inexplicable fondness for little red corvette though.

i've gotta say i was a big fan. Although it felt like a bit of a guilty pleasure at times.
Still remember seeing the video for Controversy as a ten year old and just being intriged by the guy and the music.
1984 was my first year at high school and Prince was huge with Purple Rain.
Even though my tastes went towards more punk/garage/detriot/alternative sounds there was always room for prince on the old Pye 3 in 1.

I saw him whne he came to Perth just a cople of moths ago. I was a bit dissapointed when i heard he ws just playng piano as I really wanted to see him play guitar but it didnt matter. Turned out to be one of the most amazing shows I've.

Leufeng Wa fell off his bicycle in Chengdu (Sichuan Province), only 56. What a waste.

Bribie G said:
Leufeng Wa fell off his bicycle in Chengdu (Sichuan Province), only 56. What a waste.

Guess you weren't a Prince fan eh?
As for Leufung , there's plenty more where he came from, the province where girls are hot but the food is hotter!

Before anyone tries to play the racist card - my wife is from Shanghai so just hold your horses ok?

It' was all meant in jest but of course any loss of life brings sadness.

Bribie isn't a fan of threads remarking on the deaths of celebrities.
Generally I'm not either - people die every day and I'm much sadder about my dad's recent death than I am about Prince's.

However there is a contemporary dearth of talented musicians that cross/blurr the line between underground/subcultural and mainstream.

We will not again see musicians like lemmy, bowie or prince in our lifetime and probably the next few generations won't either.

As for racism - someone would need to be looking pretty hard. You mentioned spucy food and cute women associated with an ethnic province. I hate racism but I also hate the idea that you need to be apologetic for mentioning or distinguishing anything by culture or race, even when it's benign.

SWMBO's mob came from Southern China in the 1800s for the Palmer River gold rush in FNQ. A few of them stayed on afterwards and her great grandfather and some friends walked from Cape York to Sydney and started restaurants and import export houses in Ultimo / Haymarket for many decades, where SWMBO was born and walked past Tooths Kent Brewery every day on the way to school. When I took up home brewing in 2008 and did my first hop boil she burst into tears, seven years old again.

Feel for you about your Dad's death, M, my Dad died 30 years ago and still seems like yesterday.

Now back on topic....................

I just hope the world hasn't lost another gifted artist/ talented person to drugs/self abuse, they just don't appreciate how lucky they have had it in many cases and treat living with contempt.

Latest posts

Back