Another First Biab Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFeast

Reaction score
g'day guys,

What are your thoughts on the attached? I will be using it for the first BIAB i'll be attempting tomorrow or sunday. (will post pics of my attempt for further advice)

I am hoping to achieve a simple Aussie style ale/lager. Will be fermenting at 15degC for 10 days or so. will be using boiled rice as opposed to the rice hulls mentioned in the recipe.
60min mash, no mash out, will sparge with 3litres
60min boil.
cube.

generally, just hoping it wont taste like shit really.

Cheers for your input.

View attachment barra_ale.pdf

Should go very well indeed. Those rice hulls are used mainly as a means of getting a better flow of wort when draining the grain - they are like little rice bubbles - and aren't added to provide fermentables as such. Really no need for rice hulls when doing a BIAB. The rice you should boil to a mush first.

If you mash at around mid 20s and ferment at 18 or below, and have some temperature control to give the beer a bit of a cold condition after the primary fermentation, you should make a good standard Aussie Premium. I also use that Caramalt (Barrett Burston not Breiss but similar) to get a nice golden colour.

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back