Another Bulk Powells Malt Buy 4 Queenslanders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see where the mistake was made, but as i said im happy to take 4 bags to let others join, make mine 2 Ale, 1 Pils, 1 wheat

ozbrewer said:
I see where the mistake was made, but as i said im happy to take 4 bags to let others join, make mine 2 Ale, 1 Pils, 1 wheat
[post="103029"][/post]​

Sorry Oz my mistake

I see what we can do as Ross suggested , Brissy and Hinterlands drop off.

Please nobody adjust anyones order without letting them and me know !

I am quite capable at stuffing this up all on my own thanks :p

Batz

Back to Powells

So lets say the malt maybe a few bucks extra a bag (I don't really know yet)

We will all share the freight as per usual.

Now if everyone can order whatever they want , what will it be?

Can you email me so I can keep a record of your order , please state Brissy or Kin Kin pick up.
Please include you AHB nick as well , I may not know who you are

Others now welcome to join this buy , but....the two pallets are not set in stone at this stage.

Cheers Again

Batz

[email protected]

emails recieved from

Tidalpete
AndrewQld
jimmyjack
slugger
PeterShane
Alstart

Others?

Batz

Have replied Batz PM. Have ordered only Ale and Pils but would happily include some Munich, Vienna or other to split with SC brewers.

These grain prices are great, and the product has been well discussed already.... but I will not be in for this bulk buy. I am not convinced, for grain in particular, that bulk buys have a positive effect on the already struggling grain situation in Brisbane. IMHO we would be better to take an order of this nature to one of the few brew shops which already support our hobby/obsession, which will hopefully encourage them to hold some additional stock in store. Not just for AHB'ers, but for all mashers in Brisbane, and, most importantly, for those who are looking to make a start in that direction.

Wouldn't we all be better off if the grain we wanted was available locally when we wanted it, even if it cost us a few extra $$ a bag???

dreamboat

dreamboat said:
These grain prices are great, and the product has been well discussed already.... but I will not be in for this bulk buy. I am not convinced, for grain in particular, that bulk buys have a positive effect on the already struggling grain situation in Brisbane. IMHO we would be better to take an order of this nature to one of the few brew shops which already support our hobby/obsession, which will hopefully encourage them to hold some additional stock in store. Not just for AHB'ers, but for all mashers in Brisbane, and, most importantly, for those who are looking to make a start in that direction.

Wouldn't we all be better off if the grain we wanted was available locally when we wanted it, even if it cost us a few extra $$ a bag???

dreamboat
[post="103160"][/post]​

I tend to disagree, if the HBS operators were worth their salt they would know from this and other forums that there is a big demand for grain in Brisbane. They could have the stock at a reasonable price and sell at a reasonable price, but most, I think, don't beleive it is worth their while. But obviously it is seeing as this is the second bulk buy in 6 mths and this is looking like a 2 tonne order. So the demand is there just not the incentive by the HBS operators to buy in bulk and sell at a REASONABLE price.
of course we all want to support our local but if I can buy 2 bags for the price of 1, hell I would be stupid not to <_< .

Just my 2 cents worth

Cheers
Andrew

Screwtop said:
Have replied Batz PM. Have ordered only Ale and Pils but would happily include some Munich, Vienna or other to split with SC brewers.
[post="103137"][/post]​

I have also replied to Batz Pm. Have ordered 1 Ale,1 Pils and 1 Munich so if we have to split keep me in mind Screwtop, and you are yet to see my new bar :p

I also dissagree DB....ive covered this a few times, Most of the LHBS could not give a rats about us, and thats why bulk buys like this happen, I have 3 Shops close buy, none of them realy carry much for the home brewer...more geared towords distilling. ! shop was happy to get bulk grain for me at $85 per bag for JW, and $10 per 100gm of hops...

IF there was a shop willing to support us, then i would support them, but untill that happens ill be getting my stuff bulk buy, and the rest of the bits and peices ill get from VIctoria

ozbrewer said:
I also dissagree DB....ive covered this a few times, Most of the LHBS could not give a rats about us, and thats why bulk buys like this happen, I have 3 Shops close buy, none of them realy carry much for the home brewer...more geared towords distilling. ! shop was happy to get bulk grain for me at $85 per bag for JW, and $10 per 100gm of hops...

IF there was a shop willing to support us, then i would support them, but untill that happens ill be getting my stuff bulk buy, and the rest of the bits and peices ill get from VIctoria
[post="103179"][/post]​

We possiably should support our LHBS more , then we should also support the small green grocer, butcher , baker , milk vender instead of the supermarkets.

It comes down to price , I can't afford to brew as much as I do, if I were to pay $70 a bag for malt.

At least we are supporting an Australian company , and there's not many of those left.

Batz

OK guys here we go
Please check the orders below and tell me if incorrect

BRISSY Pick up

Jimmyjack
2xale
2xpils

Slugger
2xpils
1xale
1xvienna
1xmunich

PeterShane
2xale

Alstart
3xale
2xpils
1xmunich

Ozbrewer
2xale
1xpils
1xwheat

racemate
3xale
2xpils
1xwheat
1xmunich

Metropolis of Kin Kin

Batz
4xale

Tidalpete
2xale

AndrewQld
3xpils
3xale

Screwtop
2xale
1xpils
1 vienna

Bindi
1xale
1xpils
1xmunich

nonicman
3xale
1xmunich

Briank
2xpils
2xale
1xmunich

Now extra freight has increased the price a little

Pilsner $32
Ale $33
Vienna $34
Munich $35
Wheat $35
Melanoidin $37

Still exellent prices I am sure you agree

I notice little Vienna ordered , this is a wonderful grain. Still it's up to you .

So is that it ? All orders done?

Ross?? Perhaps a bag or two just to P/Off your mate?

Cheers Batz

PS. If your order is not correct or want to change it please PM me rather than editing this post

Batz said:
Ross?? Perhaps a bag or two just to P/Off your mate?

Cheers Batz
[post="103379"][/post]​

Batz,

Sorry, I don't have mill set up yet, so bulk grain not even an option...

cheers Ross

That's it for the orders then?

I'll leave it open till Monday

Batz

That's 21 bags for Brissy and 28 bags up in the mountains

I am waiting on a local brewer , he may want 1 or 2 bags
I should be ready to start collecting payment early in the week

Batz

:beer:
Gooday Batz
How soon before you want payment Batz?.
I am going away for a few days and I dont want to keep others waiting.
Cheers Altstart :p

altstart said:
Gooday Batz
How soon before you want payment Batz?.
I am going away for a few days and I dont want to keep others waiting.
Cheers Altstart :p
[post="104156"][/post]​

Hi Altstart

I have yet to tally it all up and I am busy today , hope I can do it and post today or tonight.

Cheers

Batz

Guys I am sorry for the delay
I work contract fitting and as such work whenever I can , and you guessed it right now !
I will take this back on board within a few days.

I take it everyone is still in?

Cheers
Batz

for sure Jeff, thanks for all the effort.

Cheers
Andrew

No Problem Batz I am back on Sunday I did not want to delay every one else.
Cheers Altstart

Latest posts

Back