Anawbs 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bit of a Mark Webber moment when I opened the results :beerbang: So not expecting to win the mash paddle.

Some pretty good results in other classes entered too, to say im happy with that would be a mild understatement!

Thanks to all involved, especially the judges of AG1 :lol:

oops, my dyslexia!

Depends, you can get a silver and come third, you can get a gold and come forth even, medals are given on scores not placings, so all top three beers could be all gold, you can even get classes where no gold, silver or bronze are awarded to any of the beers that place.

Welldone to everyone, one question has barry got anymore room left in his house for more trophies?

Good Day
I just want to publically thank Russ and all the other organisers, judges, stewards and the sponsors for all their time and effort in running this great comp. Very much appreciated. It always gets me to make styles of beers that I haven't tried before. What will be the Mash Paddle beer next year? Can't wait to find out. I hope to make it to the comp and help if possible in the next couple of years. :beer:

Depends, you can get a silver and come third, you can get a gold and come forth even, medals are given on scores not placings, so all top three beers could be all gold, you can even get classes where no gold, silver or bronze are awarded to any of the beers that place.

Welldone to everyone, one question has barry got anymore room left in his house for more trophies?

Actually Jayse, you are correct as was my original announcement result.

I think we need to get Barry on the phone for some tips! ;)

Top work Guys!

Good to see the WA boys, 'Kook' and 'Vlad the Pale Aler' keepin it real!

Cheers
Asher

Congratulations to all the place getters and medal winners, especially in the mash paddle, that looked to be one tough and hotly contested category!

Thanks to all the fellow judges, stewards, admin staff and especially Russ for the very smooth judging days. I wish I was able to make the presentation day :(

Cheers to Russ and all the other support staff involved.

Look forward to reading the score sheets :)

Absolutely correct Jayse.My mistake.
Just checked the results and i only entered 2 beers this year and scored a bronze(9th placing) and a silver (3rd placing)Happy as: So once again congrats to the comp organisers.Top job.
Well done to all the WA guys.

Cheers
Dave

Good Day
I just want to publically thank Russ and all the other organisers, judges, stewards and the sponsors for all their time and effort in running this great comp. Very much appreciated. It always gets me to make styles of beers that I haven't tried before. What will be the Mash Paddle beer next year? Can't wait to find out. I hope to make it to the comp and help if possible in the next couple of years. :beer:

well one barry, you have done it again ,keep it up

wiggo

well one barry, you have done it again ,keep it up

wiggo

Yes, I must agree with Wiggo.

You have done well again Barry - and so soon after doing well at Bathurst again this year.
It is a credit to you as you make a great beer and you get the results out of the competitions you enter.

Wiggo and I even scored a medal or two in Adelaide this year. Pretty happy as we are both still experimenting with Mash Brewing. A bit of "Bathurst Brewers" rivalry.

Cheers and Beers

The Bigfella

Congratulations to you Col, great effort. Welcome to the darkside :beer:

Congratulations Brian. This comp must have been a bit easier for you than the Bathurst/NSW comp.
:D

Has anyone received their judging notes and medals yet??, I'm itching to sit n sip the last bottle of my Belgium Pale Ale.... :icon_drool2:

Not yet mate. I got word of a parcel rocking up at parents place today from SA Bierhaus today though...

Just received the parcel. Many thanks to all the sponsors. The personalised summary sheet is excellent and the detailed comments from the judges is very much appreciated, great feedback.
Again, a big thanks to all concerned.

Recieved my bag of goodies today and was very impressed
I would also like to thank the organisers and sponsers

well done

ps congrats on your 30th year as well

Latest posts

Back