Anawbs 2008 Presentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to all, especially the big bling winners.

Congratulations also to Russell and the rest of the team for pulling off an even bigger and better ANAWBS. :beer:

I look forward to hearing the results of the West Australian jury. It's a bugger they couldn't be judged in the main arena, but top marks to ANAWBS for doing all they could in the circumstance to make sure the beers got recognised and rewarded. Next year I am sure this problem will be solved.

Now, if I can only remember how to brew again in time for next year...........

Awrabest, Stu

Congratulations to the organisers/entrants and all involved.Another top effort.Hope to make it over one day to enjoy the day and atmosphere.
As for the W.A delivery error i certainly hope it is better next year.
No excuses Stu.Just brew it.

Cheers
Big D

Hope to make it over one day to enjoy the day and atmosphere.
Cheers
Big D

You say when and I'll be there too :party:

Batz

Batz - you can drop by the BrewInn again - will be a hoot like last time... :D

Batz - you can drop by the BrewInn again - will be a hoot like last time... :D

I am sure it would be Kenny,you and your family are wonderful hosts.

And I won't mention the kids on the roof saga,they must be getting bigger too.

I'll be back next year sometime.

Batz

A big thanks to all involved, another well run comp and results out promptly, much appreciated. Looking forward to receiving judges feedback.

Congrats to all who placed and to the Mash Paddle winner Anthony a great result out of 32 entries, well done.

Screwy

Thanks Vlad

No idea, but it might be a new crew from Palmyra. I think "Woolven" is the street Cantillion is on in Brussels

Hey guys just saw the results. Wooowoooh equal 6th.

Woolven St is me. Nothing flash I've got a few pics in the gallery some where.

FYI Woolven st, Youngtown, Tas is where I first started brewing (Smashin) 18mths back.

Well done to all, can't wait for 2009 comp.

Man i would kill to try the 40pt Mai, I have one sole bottle left, may just have to crack it open this weekend, who's comin over...

again well done all.

Would be interesting to see a thread with all the Maibock recipes in it, alongside how many points they scored. The recipe's only a small part of it, but would be interesting to browse thru.

Would be interesting to see a thread with all the Maibock recipes in it, alongside how many points they scored. The recipe's only a small part of it, but would be interesting to browse thru.

How about in here. :D

How about in here. :D

No secrets here.

Woolven St Brewery - Mai Bock

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 21.50 L
OG: 1.060 SG
Color: 16.8 EBC
IBU: 26.7 IBU
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
2.50 kg JWM Munich Malt (17.7 EBC) Grain 43.48 %
2.50 kg Weyermann Vienna Malt (6.9 EBC) Grain 43.48 %
0.50 kg Weyermann Pilsner (3.9 EBC) Grain 8.70 %
0.20 kg Weynermann Cara-Pils (3.9 EBC) Grain 3.48 %
0.05 kg Hoephner Wheat Malt, Bel (3.9 EBC) Grain 0.87 %
30.00 gm Pearle [7.00 %] (90 min) Hops 24.1 IBU
10.00 gm Saphire [4.50 %] (10 min) Hops 1.8 IBU
5.00 gm Saaz [4.00 %] (10 min) Hops 0.8 IBU
1 Pkgs Bavarian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2206) [4L Starter]

Thanks to everyone from the ANAWBS - another top comp.

Congrats to Anthony, Mark & Matt.

I'm pretty chuffed with my little haul this year, but just looking at the WA results... looks like I and a few others were lucky that our west coat compatriots missed the action. I'd like to say I'm sorry, but......

Can't wait for the feedback. I especially want to know why my Aus lager was so damn bad (the vicbrew guys hated it too) I thought it was a reasonably good beer and 14.5 points puts it in swill territory. Also really interested in the comments for the mash paddle maibock - I entered three (none spectacular) and don' t know which ones scored which or why... no idea what a Maibock is actually supposed to be like, so I'm keen to use the feedback to find out, and to tweak for next time.

Thanks again to everyone who helped run the comp.

TB

Direct comparison of the results from the WA judging to the main judging is not that meaningful. In the WA judging there were many classes with only 1 or 2 entries judged, and with mostly different judges than those who judged the rest of those classes, so scoring could not be expected to be as precise or on the same point calibration level.

That being said there were some absolutely brilliant beers... especially one of the Tripels, of which I poured myself a generous "taste" after all judging was done :)

i'd like to [belatedly] thank the organisers and fellow entrants, getting feedback other than from [bias] mates is really great.
looking forward to next year already.

cheers
Matt

Latest posts

Back