American Red

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jefin said:
Had a sample today

Still a bit of bitterness but once it's carbed and chilled it will be nice and smooth. Just need's some more time.

Will turn into a really good beer, very clean from the hydro sample just had a bitter twang (which I love!).

attachicon.gif
2014-01-11_16-16-21_739.jpg

Pressure is on with this brew, apparently a box is going back to the sunny coast for sampling with a few of the old man's mate's.

If they don't like it they can send it back :D

Will report back when drinking :chug:

Cheers and thanks for all the help

Jefin
I'm on the sunny coast. If they don't like it, tell them to drop it off at my place! Sounds a fantastic beer to me!

Gav80 said:
I think your first post is one of the best hop combos I've seen. I'm going to try it. Malt bill for me would be....pearl ale malt, Munich 1, Vienna, wheat with a touch of caramunich 3.
Just a nice pale ale with a lot of character.
Hi Gav

Let me know how it turns out, I'm keen to have a crack at an APA and IPA using this method and hop combo.

Cheers Jefin

Hi All

Time for an update on this one.

Have just cracked a bottle that's been sitting for just under 1 month.

Very nice drop, lot's of malt and hops. Hop fruit salad is what I was after and that's exactly what I got. The beer is nice and smooth but does have a touch of bitterness which I think is driven by the roasted malt not the hop's. Next time I make this I will drop the roasted malt back 50%. And knowing me I'll double the hop's, up the malt and go for an Imperial American Amber IPA (or something along those lines!), gotta love 9% hop bomb's :)

IMG_20140206_181450.jpg

Main thing though is the old man loved it!

Thanks to everyone for the help on this and if anyone has a crack at it please let me know, would love to know the results.

Cheers Jefin

Back