American Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I saw a reference to this on Brewboard the other day, but have finally checked it out.

Some guys in the US a couple of years ago visited 38 breweries in 40 days on a road trip and filmed it.
The resulting documentary has been released.
You can checkout the trailer here but beware it is 40Mbytes in size, so if you are on dialup forget it.

Looks like an interesting piece of work. Will be keeping an eye on the torrent servers :)

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Looks like an interesting piece of work. Will be keeping an eye on the torrent servers :)

Beers,
Doc
[post="47250"][/post]​

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! <_< Bad doc!

BTW Don't forget to send me the tracker ;) :D

Warren -

Only problem may be Doc is that it could be a little too "Indie" for torrent seeding.

Butcha never know ya luck :) .

Warren -
(Keeping my eyes open)

warrenlw63 said:
Only problem may be Doc is that it could be a little too "Indie" for torrent seeding.

Thats what my hopes were on.

Beers,
Doc

I'm searching left, right and centre at the moment. Thus far not a sausage! :(

Warren -

Looks interesting.

Aussie Version anyone?

SIDE NOTE: am doing a CUB tour on the gold coast tomorrow (Had a voucher) Will try and sneak a camera in if I can...

Poor you sluggerdog. From what I can remember, at the Yatala plant they make a version of VB (which makes the Vic one taste like the nectar of the gods), also CUB's abomination that is their version of Guinness, and all the Power's stuff for Qld (the brewery was originally owned by Powers before they were bought out).

Yeah I'm REALLY looking forward to the tasting at the end (ha ha) but still it beats working. and with a free tour you cannot go wrong.

A couple of my mates were working there over the Christmas period, as engineers. They got to taste test a number of beers. Nothing to write home about for sure, but the process is certainly interesting. I want a false bottom like they have at Yatala. :D

Doc said:
I saw a reference to this on Brewboard the other day, but have finally checked it out.

Some guys in the US a couple of years ago visited 38 breweries in 40 days on a road trip and filmed it.
The resulting documentary has been released.
You can checkout the trailer here but beware it is 40Mbytes in size, so if you are on dialup forget it.

Beers,
Doc
[post="47250"][/post]​

Just checked their website again and it is coming out on DVD in 5 days.

warrenlw63 said:

Warren -
(Keeping my eyes open)
[post="47262"][/post]​

So might have a better chance in a couple of weeks :lol:

Beers,
Doc

I notice this has been out for a few days now.

Quoting from Brewboard in the states where people have already seen it:

I'd say about half is about how much fun it was to get drunk nightly with craft brewing luminaries, and half is interesting information about the breweries themselves.

Not sure if I'd really be interested .... ;) :p

They're selling for $20USD + freight .. shame I've spent my brewing budget for the next 5 years...

Keep your eye out for it.

.. shame I've spent my brewing budget for the next 5 years...

Sounds like you need to introduce a price rise on those soda stream adapters!
Or make/sell enough to get five years in front!

In true DVD fashion, there is now a Special Edition.

AMERICAN BEER DVD available: The "Special Edition" DVD is now available for purchase on this web site. The DVD contains the film, the trailer, cast bios, brewery bios and info, interactive menus and more than 80 minutes of deleted scenes.

Still no sign of it on the back roads :(

Doc

Nor Bit Torrent. Looks like nobody in the U.S. is going to rip it anytime soon. :(

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Nor Bit Torrent. Looks like nobody in the U.S. is going to rip it anytime soon. :(

Warren -
[post="58115"][/post]​

Still no sign of it on BT.
I've just emailed them (SixHundred Films) to get an ETA on delivery times to get it delivered to my hotel in the US next month.

Beers,
Doc

I've watched the DVD and it is really well done. Much better than I was expecting. They visited some great places.
The interviews they did with small micro's that were started with nothing does give hope to the fact that it can be done.
If you get the chance to see it, or get it then check it out.

Beers,
Doc

Back