Aluminium Beer Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifteenbeerslater

Reaction score
I just received a delivery from the States.
In the USA they now have aluminium bottles complete with crown seals. The fight between Glass & Aluminium is ripe. The new Aluminium bottle has some advantages over Glass-full surface advertising, quick chill, easy recycle etc. I certainly still prefer the taste from a glass bottle. I believe it will still be a couple of years before we see them on the shelves over here. I have a few extra ones if any one is interested for their collections or for a talking point. PM me if interested.
Cheers 15BL :beer:

15BL, they have been around for a while now, here and here. I think someone suggested they would make great tap handles if you turn them upside down.

I bought an aluminium bottle at the Heineken Experience in Amsterdam. It's very light and which was good as I carried it for a couple of weeks in my backpack to bring it home.

15BL, they look like Rexona deodorant cans...!

Then again, they're Bud Light (from what I can see), so the actual contents are probably fit for smearing on your armpit too.

They'd be more acceptable to your average punter than PET. Are Al containers allowed at sporting events, tho?

They'd be more acceptable to your average punter than PET. Are Al containers allowed at sporting events, tho?

Hmmm... <_<

But isn't an Aluminium bottle a lot like an, ummm.... Aluminium can? :blink:

Other than the different shape for the 'cool' crowd, I'm not sure I see an advantage.

Hmmm... <_<

But isn't an Aluminium bottle a lot like an, ummm.... Aluminium can? :blink:

Other than the different shape for the 'cool' crowd, I'm not sure I see an advantage.
Surely the advantage is that you need a specific sealing machine for cans, with an ali bottle there is just a screw top.

A few years ago on a Virgin flight from WA I bought a “stubby” of crown lager which was in an aluminium bottle

Or the cardboard bottle.
upload_2019-11-11_7-41-55.jpeg

Latest posts

Back