Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @KegLand-com-au are there any plans to release new chucks for different can ends and if so do you have a timeframe? I'm sure people will start buying cans from visy or elsewhere and I know their lids aren't compatible with the current chuck.
Visy have discontinued the B64 lids and now only supply the cdl variant.
https://canseamer.myshopify.com/pages/faqs-info

Had a trial run today with two cans.
When I lock the base up it crushes the can how do you wind it down it’s locked.
How much pressure do you use the lid is still spinning in my hand.
Sav

Hi @KegLand-com-au are there any plans to release new chucks for different can ends and if so do you have a timeframe? I'm sure people will start buying cans from visy or elsewhere and I know their lids aren't compatible with the current chuck.
Visy have discontinued the B64 lids and now only supply the cdl variant.
https://canseamer.myshopify.com/pages/faqs-info

Yes we are about to get the 330ml cans into stock. These will be black in colour and they only thing you need to purchase extra is the table spacer. This is quite a cheap addon.

We just started to work with Visy on some new dies/chuck that will work with their cans. I have had some customers that seem to have purchased the Visy cans and it seems to work with the existing chuck that we have on our machine but then we have had other customers use the Visy cans and they said they didnt work. Either way I think in the next few months we will have some other chucks so you can use the visy cans.

We are also looking to eventually supply chuck options for baked bin style tins. so customers can use these for preserving food. These will be available eventually.

Had a trial run today with two cans.
When I lock the base up it crushes the can how do you wind it down it’s locked.
How much pressure do you use the lid is still spinning in my hand.
Sav

You don't need that much pressure.

You only need enough pressure for the motor to spin the can and the can doesn't slip. So light pressure is all that's required.

You can see how to adjust this at the end of this manual here:
http://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/How to Setup Cannular and Check Can Seam.pdf

The table height is really easy to adjust.

Is the can coming up and touching the chuck concentrically? If your can is not coming up straight then this would be the only other thing you could possibly need to adjust. This can be done by loosening the bolts on the underside of the table then adjusting the location of the table then tightening up the bolts.

Once you have set these you should never have to make adjustments to these settings again. Every machine is setup and tested before it's boxed up but I think in transit it might be possible that it might need a re-adjustment if it's knocked in transit.

Yes we are about to get the 330ml cans into stock. These will be black in colour and they only thing you need to purchase extra is the table spacer. This is quite a cheap addon.

We just started to work with Visy on some new dies/chuck that will work with their cans. I have had some customers that seem to have purchased the Visy cans and it seems to work with the existing chuck that we have on our machine but then we have had other customers use the Visy cans and they said they didnt work. Either way I think in the next few months we will have some other chucks so you can use the visy cans.

We are also looking to eventually supply chuck options for baked bin style tins. so customers can use these for preserving food. These will be available eventually.

Cool, a few months is no issue then. I think you could probably use the visy lids if you adjusted the height of either the chuck or the dies you can get away with it. Not sure how good the seam is mind you.

Just even 6pack cardboard holders cause the cans are an odd size. No one has them

Ok that's a fair point. So it sounds like you would prefer disposable then is that the case?

We can get these ones:
P1010477.jpg

or would you prefer a cardboard one like this:
custom-printed-cardboard-6-pack-bottle-beer.jpg

Probably none, looks like for the Cannular the smoke was bigger than the flame.
I didn't get the Cannular I got mine off Gumtree for $250 with a load of cans mine is one of the Alibaba ones. Needed a clean up but I have tried it out with some coca cola and everything seems hunky dory.

Back