Ales Or Lagers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milpod

Reaction score
I gave full time duty to an old fridge,to fermentation duties.Once fridgemated I intended to brew lagers constantly,18 months later still haven't done a lager.

Keep finding excuses to put wheats and ales in there :beer:

And I can't see a free 3-4 week space,in the foreseeable future,for a lager.

Oh well :chug:

It's easy enough to just make a lager and put it in there.

Although, I went berserk and made a variety of dark ales (brown, black, porter, stout) after I 'fridgemated' a fridge for fermentation duties. I found that then I had time to make some lagers.

I'm finally doing my first for 2008. :mellow:

Fortunately I've already brewed and cubed enuff ales etc to keep me going for a later time when my lager will be right to tap.

Its scary I now have three fridges and looking for another one for the bar

Franko

Hey Milpod,

Lagers are cool (no pun intended). AG lager is the ultimate of HB. Give it a bash mate. Keep your sanitation tight and you won't look back.

cheers

Darren

never did a lager in the 2.5 odd years ive been doing, and now have just done 2 in a row :p

have one lagering in a cube atm, has been for 2 weeks. probably bottle it tomorrow and transfer the one thats currently in primary (going through diacetyl rest atm) into the empty cube.

cant wait to see how they turn out.

looking forward to getting back to ales though, lagers take too long and my stocks are dwindling :p

Have made several lagers and pilsners lately and im loving them. Definately worth the extra lagering time

Kabooby :)

After not brewing since late October I've brewed and kegged two ales. There is still 2 kegs from last years brewing and I have a pils in the fermenter at the moment, with my back log of kegs I won't be touching the pils until spring time. Well that's the theory anyway. ;) The Octoberfest I made in September is a top drop and is crystal clear, well worth the wait.

I've only got three fridges in my collection so far, and I'm in desperate need of at least 2 more (preferably a freezer or two aswell).

Belgian -- Lager ? Belgian -- Lager ? Belgian -- Lager ?

And :) Stella doesn't count

Belgian Ale for me. But I am notoriously lazy. I may occasionally brew a lager in winter.

Steve

I brew both but as i work in a hot factory i make more lagers

this is a wierd topic but one close to my heart.

i scored a really good working fridge for nothing and thought beauty lagers here we come!

modded it, made a nice stand for the fermenter, jotted down some potentially really nice lager recipe's got some
inspitarion from radical brewing added a red rice lager to my list ect....

never brewed a lager in it, plent of ales and it makes life easy but i just really need help braking the cycle and brew an outstanding lager one that makes me stop and go hey this isn't so bad once that happen's i'm going to add another fridge to the already expanding clan, it's a funny hobby brewing cause it also goes hand in hand with fridge collecting!

Rob.

Belgian -- Lager ? Belgian -- Lager ? Belgian -- Lager ?

And :) Stella doesn't count

Belgian Ale for me. But I am notoriously lazy. I may occasionally brew a lager in winter.

Steve

Off Topic guys /sorry but did anyone else notice who posted this thread.???
WELCOME BACK CHILLER.

Cheers
Big D

I tend to brew more lagers in winter, as I can then brew ales at ambient temp. That said, it doesn't really fit well, as I prefer to drink lagers in summer!

I'm still trying to decide whether to get another fridge, or another storage cupboard for sour ales.

lager lager lager
only one problem cannot brew them as fast as they are going down... :eek:
only 2 fridges envious on you Franko

Off Topic guys /sorry but did anyone else notice who posted this thread.???
WELCOME BACK CHILLER.

Cheers
Big D

Hello Big D :)

Did you get blown off course to WA? Speaking of Belgians I brewed one yesterday and it wasn't a Stella clone !!

Steve

mmmmmmmmmmmm belgian ales

Chimay blue type and golden strongs,,,triples

Back