• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming it is the 5L one that you use? Do you leave the cleaning solution in the bottle permanently, and just add to it as required?
Yeah the 5L one is the one I use, it was about $25 on its own so the both together for $13 is a decent deal from Aldi.

I usually just make some up each time, either some PBW or just Sodium Percarbonate for cleaning, I think they are only active for a certain amount of time anyway so don't bother keeping. Most of the time I only actually do a litre or 2 as well, you don't use much really, just fill the lines, run a bit through, leave sitting 15-30 mins (depends on how long since the last clean) and then run some fresh water through, about a schooners worth or so for each tap.

For sanitising it's more of less the same but I don't rinse. I use star san for sanitising. Usually only make up a litre or whatever I have in my spray bottle if its not too old and enough to cover the dip tube in the sprayer. Otherwise I just make up a new litre which is usually more than enough.

Yeah the 5L one is the one I use, it was about $25 on its own so the both together for $13 is a decent deal from Aldi.

I usually just make some up each time, either some PBW or just Sodium Percarbonate for cleaning, I think they are only active for a certain amount of time anyway so don't bother keeping. Most of the time I only actually do a litre or 2 as well, you don't use much really, just fill the lines, run a bit through, leave sitting 15-30 mins (depends on how long since the last clean) and then run some fresh water through, about a schooners worth or so for each tap.

For sanitising it's more of less the same but I don't rinse. I use star san for sanitising. Usually only make up a litre or whatever I have in my spray bottle if its not too old and enough to cover the dip tube in the sprayer. Otherwise I just make up a new litre which is usually more than enough.

Yeah, I was wondering about the cleaning solution remaining active. Perhaps the 2L bottle could be used instead (providing it has the same connectors as the 5L bottle).

Yeah, I was wondering about the cleaning solution remaining active. Perhaps the 2L bottle could be used instead (providing it has the same connectors as the 5L bottle).
I think Sodium Perc/PBW is only active for a couple of hours tops then goes inert but not 100% sure. Star san depends on water PH but stays active much longer as it's just an acid with soapness, usually if it goes really cloudy it is no good. I got the 5L coz it has the hose integrated so you can just cut it and attached a carb cap with a screw clamp (got them from bunnings for a couple of $ but you can get at plumbing supply places as well)

The 2L doesn't have a hose attached so you would have to add one somehow first or work out a way to attach the carb cap straight to the nozzle, but I think the 5L has more utility with the hose length etc.

Using this actually means I clean my lines more or less fortnightly at the worst as its so easy. Depends on how fast I'm going through the kegs as well.

Looked this up on the Also Special Buys webpage and got this message:
"We are unfortunately experiencing shipping delays which means this Special Buys™ will not be in store on the advertised on-sale date."
😧

All the stores in my area are listed as "No stock information available" Looks like we'll have to wait a little while longer.

Looked this up on the Also Special Buys webpage and got this message:
"We are unfortunately experiencing shipping delays which means this Special Buys™ will not be in store on the advertised on-sale date."
😧

All the stores in my area are listed as "No stock information available" Looks like we'll have to wait a little while longer.
I went in last Saturday and they had stock. None of the soil aerators I was also after though. I'd check you local Aldi and see if they have any, may be there but website is not showing due to the issues they've had sourcing special buy stock.

In the old ghetto traditions of AHB (eg., see: Post Your Ghetto Gear Thread. The < $2.00 Hopper ), how about turning this into a snazzy twin tub mobile mash tun? Each tun 38L.
1642032825392.png

1642032840088.png

Online purchase from ALDI only (and need to add shipping cost - use the calculator on the web page at: ALDI Australia - Shop Online Most Melbourne suburbs seem to be about $20).

Last edited:
Thank you, Feldon.

I viewed the vid as I was about to go to Aldi. Really, no s**t.

It does get one thinking. After much deliberation I have decided to go despite my reservations. But, I'll keep an eye out for suspicious persons, reptiles and aliens, try to peek behind those swinging metal doors into the gloom at the back.

If you don't hear from me again . . .

Available Sat. 5 Aug 2023.

For shifting heavy vessels and kegs.

1691022481960.png

Latest posts

Back