Alcohol Intake

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic:
The bloke who was counter sued your talking about reminded me of a funny story an American Laywer once told me.

A client had his house and contents insured for Fire Damage. The contents included his box of 24 very expensive cigars.
After smoking them he filed for insurance.
After a niggly battle it was decided he was entitled to the money.
The insurance mob then had him charged with 24 counts of Arson and won.
:D

:icon_offtopic:
The bloke who was counter sued your talking about reminded me of a funny story an American Laywer once told me.

A client had his house and contents insured for Fire Damage. The contents included his box of 24 very expensive cigars.
After smoking them he filed for insurance.
After a niggly battle it was decided he was entitled to the money.
The insurance mob then had him charged with 24 counts of Arson and won.
:D

Sad to say, that lawyer was pulling your tit. {they do that}.
If you look hard enough, you`ll find that on lots of "urban myths" sites.

But...wellllll,...if it was in USA..... :lol:

stagga.

I've heard that one on the cigars, haha. Personally I would have taken him down with 'intent to defraud' as well as the charge of arson. Never get the whole story in these urban legends do you now? :D

- boingk

Yeah sounded like a tall yarn when he said it,
but still made me laugh :p

Slightly OT but how many of you have beer guts from drinking homebrew?Is there any health advantages from drinking homebrew compared to comercial beer.

Andrew

Slightly OT but how many of you have beer guts from drinking homebrew?Is there any health advantages from drinking homebrew compared to comercial beer.

Andrew

I find far less effect the next day from a heavy session.

I've never had a beer gut.

You'll get beer gut from homebrew, as generally there's higher calorific content in homebrew (of the same strength as megaswill) due to something called a "malt profile".

I have started to get a slight gut, I think it's more due to the fact that I now carpool for work 3 days a week and no longer walk the 4.3km there and back I used to...

I find far less effect the next day from a heavy session.

I've never had a beer gut.
Same here - and I have more than 2 standard drinks a day!

I used to take notice of the 4 per day but 2 per day....

Cheers, Andrew.

Yes well I have noticed a slight widening of the girth.

04mar5-beer-gut-for-experts.jpg

I'm sure it's not the home brew.

Latest posts

Back