Airlock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock

Reaction score
Hi all, Iv'e brewed a dr smurtos Golden ale on the 4/7/09 and used DCL US 05 American Ale dried yeast,The Fermenter..30ltr and 23 ltrs of wort into fermenter ,All going well..until today..Foam coming out through the airlock, Which I have never experienced before,Is this normal for this type of yeast?

HPIM0692.JPG

Hi all, Iv'e brewed a dr smurtos Golden ale on the 4/7/09 and used DCL US 05 American Ale dried yeast,The Fermenter..30ltr and 23 ltrs of wort into fermenter ,All going well..until today..Foam coming out through the airlock, Which I have never experienced before,Is this normal for this type of yeast?

What temp is it fermenting at? Take the airlock out, give it a rinse and put back in.

What temp is it fermenting at? Take the airlock out, give it a rinse and put back in.

+1

:icon_offtopic: I'm just waiting for the kittens to reappear... :ph34r:

It's at 18c, and I have rinse it and looks like I'll have to do it a few times over..Beats me..

Damn must be a good one I just done the same with a K&B Dr's Golden Ale at 18C and only got about 50mm of foam.

Never had a ballistic brew with 05 yet. Must be doing it wrong.

Shouldn't be a concern though. Sounds like a healthy ferment. If it tastes ok then let it do it's thing.

Some good fermenting action there!

As others have said, it should be all ok, positive pressure from fermenting means baddies cant get back into the airlock.

Latest posts

Back