Airlock Bubbling After 40 Min

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj1984

Reaction score
hi im new to brewing and have put down my 2nd brew and with in 40 min it has started bubling is there andthing wrong with this it is a draught and the temp is sitting at 22 degrees any info would be good cheers

more info
ingredient
yeast
temp fluctuation
?????

that's very quick for any ingredients list etc... did you put it on the yeast cake of the first batch?

Hi, I hope you dont have any problems with it as i put a muttons wheat beer on yesterday and mine also started to bubble after 1 hour. I hydrated my yeast for about 20 min and my temp of wort before adding my yeast was 22. I was on the understanding that the quicker it started to bubble the better as it lessens the chance of infection in the beer. Good luck with your brew.

an hour is fine. but guys, whats with the temp? 22C is too high. for an ale (with normal yeast and if your not specifically trying to get charater out of a specialty yeast) 18C is plenty. Higher temps tend to produce bad flavours. a slightly longer slower ferment is preferable.

an hour is fine. but guys, whats with the temp? 22C is too high. for an ale (with normal yeast and if your not specifically trying to get charater out of a specialty yeast) 18C is plenty. Higher temps tend to produce bad flavours. a slightly longer slower ferment is preferable.
Thanks , 22 was just the temp when i pitched the yest. The temp is set for 18-20. I hope that is ok.

Is the air lock bubbling out or in?

If you have a higher temp in the fermenter it will cool down and force air into the airlock in stead of pushing co2 out of the airlock. This should only happen after pitching the yeast as i often pitch at a higher temp as i get impatiant .

Maybe this is not the problem but one to look out for.

Back