AHBs biggest tight arse

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wagyu is for peeps who dont realise its the same as many other breeds of beef.

But hey, if u wanna pay that much for a dried out desert asian cow, all because they have good marketing, well im happy to breed Angus to pair with it :)

Truman said:
I had this for dinner tonight.... But I certainly didn't pay that much for it. Bloody damn good steak though.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Christ!! We must shop at different woolies. Even still, $80/kg is heading into Kobe territory.

shaunous said:
Wagyu is for peeps who dont realise its the same as many other breeds of beef.

But hey, if u wanna pay that much for a dried out desert asian cow, all because they have good marketing, well im happy to breed Angus to pair with it :)
We too run Angus. And Angus beef is best

We used to run Angus and Herefords and their crosses. Nothing tastier than a young baldie. (You know that's not what I mean)

Lol. I help my great uncle and he runs hereford. Cannot tell him any different.

p.s. I know what u mean, penis head :)

I try to eat grass fed more than not, but sometimes you just can't beat a really well marbled, fatty piece of steak.

Back on topic, I always head straight for discounted items whenever I see them, but I'm also frivolous with money. I guess that just makes me retarded, not a tight arse.

Yeh im not gunna lie, I breed a damn good steak, but I'll walk into ALDI and see 'Aussie Pork @ $4.99' and i'll buy a million cuts of it.

I Hope It Tastes Good!!!

Not For Horses said:
I take it you don't make beer then?
Haha touche.

I make beer because I love making beer, it's definitely not about saving money or doing things cheaply. Things like catching trains to pick up ingredients, in my book, are not part of making beer. Get it posted, save your time for doing other stuff! Worth the money. Likewise, making "ghetto gear" doesn't really appeal to me. Neither does building a patio, or a retaining wall. I figure a professional could build the thing in a day, when it may take me weeks and I would do a worse job. Worth the money.

what a race to the bottom this thread tuned out to be. You blokes better get a hold of your selves. F*&k I hope I don't end up like you blokes. There is saving money then there is wasting time saving money that could have been saved a long time ago. Just have a think what the saving has cost.

whitegoose said:
Haha touche.

I make beer because I love making beer, it's definitely not about saving money or doing things cheaply. Things like catching trains to pick up ingredients, in my book, are not part of making beer. Get it posted, save your time for doing other stuff! Worth the money. Likewise, making "ghetto gear" doesn't really appeal to me. Neither does building a patio, or a retaining wall. I figure a professional could build the thing in a day, when it may take me weeks and I would do a worse job. Worth the money.
It all depends on your attitude. I respect your position, but I can't stand paying someone to do something I could do myself. Part of it is all the hassle of making appointments, getting quotes etc. Recently I needed wine bottles from Plasdene in Sydney. I rang around getting quotes from couriers, they won't deliver to me because I don't have a forklift so I would have to pick up from the depot, blah blah blah. It was easier just to take the trailer to Sydney and get them myself. 5 hour round trip but less hassle. New cars are a hassle because I have to get the oil changed at the dealer for the warranty, big waste of time. Once the warranty is finished I can do the oil myself at home. I would rather have control of my life, not outsource things to other people.

I often will go to the shops to buy something I have wanted. When I get there I will grab the item put it in the trolley only to get half way to the checkout and pull out because I can't let myself part with the money. It's amazing how I can convince myself I don't really need it.

The joke is people have been eating Angus for years. Angus, Hereford and Limousine are probably the most popular beef breeds in the less arid parts of Australia. And for good reason. Whether its Wagyu, Angus, Shorthorn, Limo or a combination of them all the best beef is the one that brings in top dollar on market day.

bradsbrew said:
I often will go to the shops to buy something I have wanted. When I get there I will grab the item put it in the trolley only to get half way to the checkout and pull out because I can't let myself part with the money. It's amazing how I can convince myself I don't really need it.
I thought I was the only one mentally ill enough to do this.

Cost and budget it in my head, no problem, can afford it, decide that it's worthwhile. But when it comes to the moment of unclenching and parting with the cash, bail out due to the cost. Even if it's something not that expensive.

I guess because I've not long ago come out of a phase of wondering how the **** I'll pay the power/water/gas/phone /whatever bill and just paid off credit card debt that I ended up running up to get through, I still get guilty at spending money on something that isn't essential.

I will always look at the price per gram. kg, litre etc and pick the one that's going to give me the best value even if I end up buying 10 kgs of something thats going to last me for years because its the cheaper option per kg.

Yeh im not gunna lie, I breed a damn good steak, but I'll walk into ALDI and see 'Aussie Pork @ $4.99' and i'll buy a million cuts of it.
How good is the Aldi pork Rashers in smokey bbq sauce or I think the other is a plum sauce?? Bloody fantastic.

Like looking for reduced meat in the supermarkets.especially expensive cuts..deep freezer comes in handy then

bradsbrew said:
I do the same with internet shopping. Have something sitting in the shopping cart for a week, then just suddenly decide I don't need it and close the tab.

Back