AHBs biggest tight arse

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
When I worked for Rothmans as a country rep back in the 90s we used to get paid a set amount for lunch and dinner when we were out on the road, it would arrive in bank account as a lump each month that came to several hundred dollars. Breakfast was assumed to be part of the motel bill so we wouldn't get paid for that. A very popular motel was the Golden Gate at South Gympie where they would do a really good packed lunch on the quiet and include it invisibly in the motel bill so heaps of reps would stay there. After a huge breakfast and good lunch, dinner would normally be a pie.

Built me a double garage :)
Did Dougie Walters do this too ?

2ce0wsw.jpg
Well for all you tight arses "master" have these on special (13.85) and get the gas (4.40) free
n2zqz8.jpg

bradsbrew said:
I often will go to the shops to buy something I have wanted. When I get there I will grab the item put it in the trolley only to get half way to the checkout and pull out because I can't let myself part with the money. It's amazing how I can convince myself I don't really need it.
Said no female ever.

It has to be true. I get it when I find something dumped next to similar items or other brands. But when you find a shampoo dumped next to cookies....

shaunous said:
I'm a diesel mechanic, so I don't wear the same pants twice. Weekends I will when working around the farm, depending on how thick the layer of oil, grease, blood and cow shit is on them.

I remember my mum telling me if I didn't wear underpants I'd get a disease and the doctor would chop my penis off. She bought me undies for every Xmas until only a few years ago. What a woman.
Been away for Easter, so a bit slow.

I have a favourite pair of bourdy shorts that I wear at home all summer. Probably get washed about twice in six months.
I have a favourite pair of tracky dacks for winter. Same washing regime.

Mattress said:
Been away for Easter, so a bit slow.

I have a favourite pair of bourdy shorts that I wear at home all summer. Probably get washed about twice in six months.
I have a favourite pair of tracky dacks for winter. Same washing regime.
I hope you wear jocks. Take note, Liam.

Tight ass can also be measured with context. My Mrs. worked at a dental clinic where one of the dentists, who would easily take home a couple thousand per day average, came in 15 minutes early to use the milk (which was meant for coffee and tea only) to eat his breakfast. He also admitted to eating cereal for lunch and dinner too because it was the cheapest meal that made him full. Later that year he went overseas and took cup noodles around with him instead of eating out. No idea where he managed to get hot water from whilst backpacking?

I also remember he didn't even donate $1 when I did Movember...

I think we are straying into another potential thread "AHBs biggest bargain"

I think there is a distinction between being lucky and picking up a bargain and going to great lengths to pay the least you can.

In Funks case - getting it for it for $5 is a bargain - "bartering him down" is a tight arse.

A few years back I picked up a March pump for bargain $15 .....the tightarse in me tried to get it for $10

Back