AHBs biggest tight arse

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was travelling in south east Asia with a group from uni, and one guy used to fill a Tupperware container at the breakfast buffet so he didn't have to buy lunch. I can understand this if you travelling in Western Europe, but not somewhere that you can buy a cooked lunch for $1.

Rambo said:
I was travelling in south east Asia with a group from uni, and one guy used to fill a Tupperware container at the breakfast buffet so he didn't have to buy lunch. I can understand this if you travelling in Western Europe, but not somewhere that you can buy a cooked lunch for $1.
I had a mate I used to travel with, he would borrow money then forget to pay it back.
But if you owed him money he would hound you till he got it. Mind you he did save us a lot by haggling the prices down on transport etc.
Nev

Online Brewing Supplies said:
I had a mate I used to travel with, he would borrow money then forget to pay it back.
But if you owed him money he would hound you till he got it. Mind you he did save us a lot by haggling the prices down on transport etc.
Nev
We must know the same guy.

brocky_555 said:
what a race to the bottom this thread tuned out to be. You blokes better get a hold of your selves. F*&k I hope I don't end up like you blokes. There is saving money then there is wasting time saving money that could have been saved a long time ago. Just have a think what the saving has cost.
So... are you for or against saving money? Can't quite tell :lol:

When I worked for Rothmans as a country rep back in the 90s we used to get paid a set amount for lunch and dinner when we were out on the road, it would arrive in bank account as a lump each month that came to several hundred dollars. Breakfast was assumed to be part of the motel bill so we wouldn't get paid for that. A very popular motel was the Golden Gate at South Gympie where they would do a really good packed lunch on the quiet and include it invisibly in the motel bill so heaps of reps would stay there. After a huge breakfast and good lunch, dinner would normally be a pie.

Built me a double garage :)

Yesterday, after downing dregs of fermenter after kegging my latest CAP I started weighing out the grain bill for Monday’s brewday (my favourite Lime Time Belgian Wit ) only to find that my last few kilos of wheat malt had been invaded by weevils.

As an OAP I’m always on the lookout for ways to save a buck (sorry bucks! :lol: ) so spent an hour or so separating the weevils from the grain before storing & adding them to my Sunday brekky curried omelette this morning.

Win win situation here brewers what with weevils (mostly) gone from grain bill & extra protein gained to an OAP's brekky whilst waiting for his fortnightly remuneration.

Seize the day I say! :super:

I remember the GG Motel Bribie. TTBOMM that's where the local women of the night hung out in those days?? Of course I may be wrong?? ;)

bradsbrew said:
I often will go to the shops to buy something I have wanted. When I get there I will grab the item put it in the trolley only to get half way to the checkout and pull out because I can't let myself part with the money. It's amazing how I can convince myself I don't really need it.

Its also amazing how my wife can convince myself I don't really need it

Pete: weevils, if there's no photo then it didn't happen. However don't worry I'll breed some up for your next visit. yum.

Local doctors surgery has a hedge of decorative guava bushes. I'm down there every day at the moment with an ice cream container picking the ripe ones. Locals don't have any idea you can eat them.

guavas.jpg

I bought a couple of gauvas the other day @ $15 a kilo! Go one, Bribie, there's some coin there!

Those bloody pluggers Bribie!
I don't blame the locals for giving them a miss. :p
My first & only taste of those bastards still lingers in my mouth after 60-odd years.

I'm gonna try and call it - eating weavils. Tidal Pete and Bribie G tied Winners of AHB's Biggest Tight Ass 2014.

Congrats :blink:

Jaded and Bitter said:
I'm gonna try and call it - eating weavils. Tidal Pete and Bribie G tied Winners of AHB's Biggest Tight Ass 2014.

Congrats :blink:
Well we knew Cocko would never take out the title! :ph34r: :lol:

From what I hear Cocko will take it whichever way it comes!

Back