Ahb Polos- Payment And Other Miscellaneous Discussion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes....Mine faded to just like Polk's

I emailed the printers of the polo's. Alice got back to me asking if I can post the polo back so they can have a look.

She also said

Alice said:
"We've washed some and there is some diminishing in the gloss but the colour shouldn't fade, so yours may have been a faulty print. If it is a general thing that other people are finding then we'll be referring the matter through to the company who supplied the equipment and ink. We have done extensive testing and not had the problem - but everybody uses different soap, which may be the issue. But again the print should tolerate that, it's a T-shirt for goodness sake, it should be washable"

Would be interesting to know how many others have this problem.

Pok

Hey P&C,

Any news on the Newy shirts? Not having a whinge, but if it's going to be a while I'd rather you send the other guys their shirts and I'll fix you up for the postage to send mine extra. I don't want to hold them up on my account. Can you let me know please, cheers...

I've leaned on them a little and they have said they should be in soon- apparently they are 'on their way'. I apologise for the delays with all this, I know this buy has been drawn out far longer than anyone has really wanted it to.

Yes....Mine faded to just like Polk's

I emailed the printers of the polo's. Alice got back to me asking if I can post the polo back so they can have a look.

She also said

Would be interesting to know how many others have this problem.

Pok

I've had some loss of the glossiness, but IMO they still look quite nice.

I apologise for the delays with all this, I know this buy has been drawn out far longer than anyone has really wanted it to.

Nothing for you to apologise about, P&C, not your fault... You've done a stellar job putting all this together without cracking it.. Just let us know if it's going to drag on, please, if it does I'd rather you send the other guys their shirts. Cheers for the update

i have worn mine heaps, even to bed, and washed it a couple of times and i havent noticed any drop in quality, maybe im not as finicky as some (ducks for cover).

After reading this I got my 2 shirts out and compared as 1 has been worn and washed while the other hasnt.

The one that has been washed has faded especially the barrel and the writing underneath.
The AHB on the barrel is the worst with the B not readable.

I would never have really worried till reading this post and topic.

I've leaned on them a little and they have said they should be in soon- apparently they are 'on their way'. I apologise for the delays with all this, I know this buy has been drawn out far longer than anyone has really wanted it to.

Any news P&C... :( It's been another month now?

I washed mine in cold water and washing detergent drip dried inside out and it seemed to be ok.
If I find time I'll take a comparison photo with the other one yet used.

Matti

Mine was fading, had a second unworn one so compared the two. Definetly faded, but then we have are pretty slack around here at Washing things any particular way. Needless to say fancy clothes, silk etc do not exist. Clothes need to man up and be tough. Might start wearing the second one and see if it goes the same way.

My bad at the end of the day for not following washing instructions.
008.JPG

Thanks again P&C for all the pain and effort you put into this. :icon_cheers:

Lilo

Mine was fading, had a second unworn one so compared the two. Definetly faded, but then we have are pretty slack around here at Washing things any particular way. Needless to say fancy clothes, silk etc do not exist. Clothes need to man up and be tough. Might start wearing the second one and see if it goes the same way.
Lilo

I had the same problem, Shot Alice at the printers that made the polos an email and she asked me to return it to her so they could have a look and see what was going on. Her response after sending it back included this:

Alice @ the Polo Printers said:
We've discovered that a small number were given too much underbase which makes them less durable so we'll replace it with a nicer one. Alice

Unfortunately I am still waiting to get my replacement Polo posted to me but it will turn up. Could be in your interests to shoot them an email aswell with the photo you posted?

Pok

did anyone else notice (if they ordered more than 1 shirt), that the shirts are differant materials. My wife was doing the washing and called me in to have a look. I bought 2 shirts and they are both made of differant material. similar but differant.

dodgy.

all quality issues aside - P&C you did a top notch effort on organising this. I hope you've had a few beers in celebration. I'll add a little more to my yearly donation to AHB in your honour.

I'd say the different materials is because they swapped suppliers halfway through the run. THis is because the first supplier left their out in the sun or something and half weren't green.

ahh i didnt see that in the posts. all cool.. ive been wearing my shirt out house hunting.

They havent arrived yet?

Let me know when they do.

cheers

darren

The logo on my shirt is shagged. One wash as per instructions. Its faded. Can you PM me their address so I can send it back P&C?
Cheers
Steve

+2 please, mine has also faded after just one wash

Back