AHB Articles: Freezr Conversions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depending on what you want to do, you dont actually need to play with the hinge. just unscrwew the screws that fix the lid to the body, then put on the collar and fix the lid to the collar. if the collar is fixed on tight then it wont go anywhere. ill take a pic of the back of mine and shopw you what i mean.

edit: i found a pic of the lid off with the hinges still attached (ignore the ugly ******* inside the freezer :lol: ). I literally just unscrewed the hinges off the freezer body and then screwed it into the collar. never had a problem.
View attachment 41262

**** that must be a wide Freezer :p

looking good

but why the hole? are you running a font and didnt want to cut into the lid? it looks too big to be for 1 beerline and tap?
Will be running 6 fonts and 2 beer engines :) The hole might actually be too small so may need a second one. But won't know until the bar is built and all beer lines run.

Will be running 6 fonts and 2 beer engines :) The hole might actually be too small so may need a second one. But won't know until the bar is built and all beer lines run.
Brendo should post pics of his engines and keezer.

Oh btw way, a 22kg size D gas cylinder is 148-150cm long. Just fyi blokes

Brendo should post pics of his engines and keezer.

Oh btw way, a 22kg size D gas cylinder is 148-150cm long. Just fyi blokes

Oh dear, at the risk of having my head ripped off by CM2... :ph34r:

Where do you place the temp probe?

I know its of minimal difference but just looking for some suggestions...

Cheers guys.

Oh dear, at the risk of having my head ripped off by CM2... :ph34r:

Where do you place the temp probe?

I know its of minimal difference but just looking for some suggestions...

Cheers guys.

I have a "stubby" of water in the freezer, sitting on the compressor hump, and have the probe in the stubby.

i been told a bottle with metho in and probe in that is the go. mine is just in a cup of water ATM

Genius!

Cheers All.

MXD can you do the same beer for the xmas case you did in july - I would love another those!! Awesome drop..

Cheers :icon_cheers:

I have mine in a glass of the blue stuff from those frozen ice packs. Just buy one for $2, cut it open and pour it in. Seeing a glass would cool down and heat up faster due to its volume the blue gooze is better as it doesn't change as fast as just water meaning less swinging of temp and mimicking the swing of the beer a bit more. Haven't had a prob doing this for 2 years.

Well proof that my guide is solid came last night when I attemptef to remove tge collar from dead.chesty so I could akter and attach to new chesty.... Couldnt get the.fu*cker off!!! Big knives, stanley knives screw drivers etc. no go. God I must have used a lot of silicone!!!

Glad I wrote the guide as now I can follow it and rebuild :)

Back