Again Free Shipping Costs at BelgianSHop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no probs mate ! have to catch up for a beer some time :)
I jumped in and have paid ebay dude in full all ready for 1, just thought i could go another pack for 130 bucks if others felt the urge thats all?

mearesy is keen for one .

i dont mind either way , i probly being a bit greedy :icon_drunk:

He said he has a massive stock which will last for a while, so I thought I see how the quality is and then maybe order another pack or two and store them in my dad's fridge in Germany (cheap postage) and collect them in a few years time with a bit of age on them. That way it's less than 10 Euros per bottle which is quite acceptable for what it is.

Anyway, let's see how we go with the first lot first. He'll chuck mine in the mail tomorrow morning so not long now!

See you at the swap if not beforehand.

The only oxidised (to the point where I wondered if I really liked the beer at all anymore) belgian I've had here from memory is some chimays (not all), a leffe radieuse and a grimbergen dubbel. I have not been to Belgium so I don't know what they taste like fresh and in context (it's on the list) but here I've had duvel, chimay (all 3), orval, bernardus 12, achel (blond, bruin) westmalle dubbel, tripel, various leffes, cantillon, rochefort 8 and 10, dupont, trois monts, lindemans faro and a bunch of others. Some of them are regularly imbibed on account of my local bottle shop stocking some decent beers (and the oxidised chimays were all from there but generally all the others I get there are delicious). I found maresdous recently to be loaded with hot alcohol but I'm not sure I can blame that on bad handling.

Definitely not tippable, definitely delicious complex beers. As I say, I can't compare until I get there to try myself but I would have been taking that shit back to slowbeer. I get gushers with orval ocassionally but I get that with some of my own brett beers sometimes too. Still tastes great.

My understanding is that most of these beers are cellerable so IF treated right, freshness shouldn't be the key to getting a good or shit one.
Save your pennys Manticle!!! and head too Belgium you will not be dissapointed,NIRVANA for beer lovers,wish i had some spare pennys to get into this buy,noticed they didnt have
pannepot though :(

anyone got their order yet?

If you had westletreven 12 in your order, it won't ship until next week as they are waiting on that to arrive.

At least, that's what they told me after I emailed a qn to them...

Nope. And i didn't order that one.
Same. Although I wasn't expecting anything for a while. Did anyone get any notice that their beers were shipped? Or how it was being shipped - air or sea freight?

Haven't got mine yet, not holding my breath. Free shipping, it comes when it comes.

Same. Although I wasn't expecting anything for a while. Did anyone get any notice that their beers were shipped? Or how it was being shipped - air or sea freight?

No- no further contact since ordering.
Slackers!

Also, has to be air freight, as they claim most orders are delivered within 15-18 days. i wouldn't have ordered them if i thought they were sea freighting them.

I received my order yesterday, hopefully that eases a few concerns

Cliff

No email. Also worth saying everything was well packaged - I got a couple of cases worth which arrived in Rochefort and Westmalle crates. Aussie Customs opened up the packages and resealed it well with a little note inside inside no items of concern inside.

Just saw this thread, I went to the shop and it reminded me of Belgium.

Oh Delirium Cafe, how I miss you....

I contacted them to ask about shipping and have been notified that mine hasn't left the shop. It would seem they don't have any of the chimay packs in stock and have suggested that I choose another product as a substitution. They have no indication as to when they would receive new stock. So if you had the chimay pack (2 750ml bottles, 1 glass in a metal case) then I'd email them to see if yours has been shipped. Shame they didn't actually email earlier.

sorry to hear some disapointment guys :(

i got this email last week;

Dear Andrew, First of all, thank you for your order and your message, Ok with the weather. The 2 boxes will leave our warehouse tomorrow as we received more than 1000 orders(with 2,3 or 4 cases) within the 2 days promotion. Have a nice day, With our best regards, Mary

that was 8th feb , i expecting mine by friday this week :rolleyes:

but if i was you it probly wouldnt hurt to send an email to them to double check your order is on its way and is ok (in stock)as it seems like they got smashed .

Anyone who ordered the Westvleteren XII from the guy off ebay, have you received them yet? If you have how is the quality?
Really wanted to order but for 140ish bucks its not something I want to wing.

Just got a call from SWMBO telling me that a strange box had just been delivered from Belgium and did I know anything about it... Hooray!

Anyone who ordered the Westvleteren XII from the guy off ebay, have you received them yet? If you have how is the quality?
Really wanted to order but for 140ish bucks its not something I want to wing.

tracking number says it just cleared customs in Sydney, no call or letter from customs asking to pay alc tax so woohoo! ETA tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back