Ag Brewers In Queensland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we had the brew day at Dreamboat's on Saturday and I'd like to thank Rob for his hospitality in hosting a bunch of us in his garage, and showing us his mash set-up. Graham Sanders came along and regaled us with brewing lore, chemisty, physics and life in general according to GLS. It was good to meet the master and absorb some of his wisdom for an afternoon! And he didn't say my beer was crap so he gets my vote! :)

Looking forward to the next brissie brewers get together.....Jgriffin? Date please? :D

Cheers - Snow

Let's not get started on that old chestnut again GL........

Graham is certainly an individual, but he most certainly knows a thing or two about beer, and is more than happy to share his knowledge for the benefit of everyone. He also bought his recipe book along, and was happy for all to pick through it, again for their benefit.

Top day was certainly had by me, with some good beers to be had also.

dreamboat

I've joined this a bit late, but I'd be interested in some AG get-togethers. I'm in Toowong, btw, and in an apartment/unit, but am doing AG in an esky on the kitchen bench. Desperately trying to figure out how to fit a proper system eventually.

I've got into this by doing not much more than reading stuff on the internet - it'd be good to actually talk to someone about it!

Cheers,
Rob

Hey Dreamboat, what was the OG on your Vienna Lager at the end of the day?

The only disappointing thing was that Graham didn't bring a sample of his "famed" Tropical Flower Wit! :( Oh well, I'll be heading up to Townsville later in the year, so maybe he'll have a batch of it lying around when I get up there!

Rob7, you're more than welcome to come along to the next get-together. No doubt Jgriffin will be responding with his preferred date any minute now.......

Cheers - Snow

Volume up a bit and gravity down a bit... iirc around 1047 which is near enough to my 1050ish target for me, and I collected an extra 1.5-2 litres. Should be fermenting away very happily now after sunday from midday until 6 this morning on the bursts of air from the aquarium pump and airstone arrangement.
Fortunately managed to fit the GTRL in the fridge also, though while not at an ideal lager temperature, sitting at 10C will be much better than the 28 odd which it would have averaged in the garage at the moment.

dreamboat

Thanks for hosting us all Dreamboat. Sorry we had to bail before the end of the brew.

I'll let you all know the date as soon as i get it stamped by SWMBO.

Back