Adjustable Casters And Feet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
Hey,

I am building my brew stand but my garage floor is far from level. I want to put casters or wheels on one end and feet on the other but all have to be adjustable as I dont think there is a square inch thats level in the shed its all made from bits and pieces and just follows the flow of the land lol.

So my question is where can I get some (local would be better) and if any one uses them how to fit them. I was thinking I could take them into work and get a heavy duty (say 20mm) threaded rod put on then get a nut welded onto a bit of flat bar and then fix that to the bottom of the legs.

Cheers,
Kelby

Could put a false floor in to level her up a little, pretty easy & cheap to do with some treated pine & all

yeah but I will roll it out to the middle of my shed some where and dont want a trip hazard there all the time. I found some but no one has prices and there not in Australia lol. I did find some with just a bolt hole in the top I think that may be the way to go and just fix a nut or 2 under the legs also prob add a locking nut but it wont be moved once its adjusted until the brew days over.

Edit: Ok Fixed it look at These! and THIS!

k, i bought casters from Super Cheap for my little stand thingy. Not adjustable though, shouldn't be too hard to rig up somethin, sounds like you might be onto something there with the nut setup. Being able to micro adjust will be handy

Supercastors on ebay can be cheap, they may have adjustabje feet as well.

I just had a brewstand built by a guy at work and need the same - I found a company that sell inserts for SHS that have threaded nutserts and self-adjusting nylon feet on bolts.

I'm on vacation for a week and a half and the info is at work but from memory surdex steel sell something similar..... 30x30x2.5 SHS is what i bui;t the rig form and it's a common size for feet apparently....

If Surdex don't have it then they'll be able to tell you where to get them.

have a look at the second link in my second post. is that what you mean?? they have the inserts for them but I will be using timber I can drill a hole in the timber to fit there insert or we got flat bar at work and get some one to weld a nut or 2 onto it and drill a smaller hole in the timber for the thread to go up into

May not be want ya want but seemingly cheap: www.castors2go.com.au/

cheers daz thats about what I was looking for heaps cheaper :p . I can get them to make up 4 flat bar with nuts welded to them and then get 2 threaded rods with some flat bar welded on the bottom to use as adjustable feet for the other 2 legs.

No probs, tossing up whether to put casters on the keezer i am currently building.

If one caster has a 50kg do four together have 50kg capacity or 200kg? I am thinking the first?

yeah but $30 delivery sucks :( prob get some local if I can find a place cheaper

Latest posts

Back