(act) Bulk Honey Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdilley

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone in the ACT/Queenbeyan area is interested in bulk honey for making mead.

I've sourced honey from a local supplier to the major packers that will sell 22KG pails of Honey for about the same cost as the recent Vic bulk buy in honey organised here in the past few weeks. (comparison to the Archibald 27KG pail price list items at AGCOM Pty Ltd)

Comes out to $5/kilo. That makes the Mixed Blossum slightly cheaper and Stringy Bark slightly costlier, but we are talking small change on the order of $7 difference on the full 22 kilo bucket price.

They have Stringy Bark, and Mixed Blossom, and probably a few more varieties (I only had a short phone conversation with the business owners tonight).

I am going to be driving out this Saturday to their NSW location so if there is any interest let me me know.

If there was a mead club maybe a full ton of honey in a gigantic 667 KG Barrel of it might be on order :)

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

I'm heading up tomorrow. I'm picking up 15KG pail of Stringy Bark Honey, and they are bringing in the hives and starting to pack for the big show in Sydney so I'll go back for a 15KG pail of Iron Bark Honey which should be available in a few weeks. As they are growers and packers rather than wholesalers there might be more of a seasonal impact when dealing with them.

Latest posts

Back