Anyone interested in bulk buy raw honey stanmore sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chookers

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a 30KG bucket of honey from a seller in Stanmore.. works out to $7.50 per kilo..

Only problem is, I don't need 30kg.. so I wanted to put the feelers out and see who may be interested and how this bulk buy thing works, I have never done one before.

Also, I just want to say that I am NOT committed to buying anything yet.

Keep an eye out at local markets etc, I often find honey that is raw straight from the farm for around 7.50-8 bucks a kilo.. I recently got around 1.3kg for ten bucks

thanks Kono,

I know of one farmers market where they sell honey at a good price but its not local to me and I think they only come round every 4 weeks.. its in Pyrmont I think.

I suppose I could just buy the 30KG, and make a shite load of Mead.. but I'm not that good at mead making, still getting my mead legs... so I could end up with 150L of shitty mead.

Id buy some. Never done a mead though. ...how much would i need.

I sold 2 tons of honey to a brewer over a period of time so if anybody care to buy smaller quantities for mead just PM me

So sorry for the months late reply.. Life happens to throw too many curve balls my way.. and I think its going to be like this for the rest of my life.. I may not be able to hop on this site as regularly as I would like.

But to answer Topher:

I think the amount used depends on the style of mead you brew. but as far as I can see its between 1/3 and 1/2 of the total volume is made up of honey.

I don't know if the guy in Stanmore is still around but I found him on this web site http://www.aussieapiaristsonline.net/local-honey-for-sale.html

Back