Aaaaaagghhhh Its Absolute Crap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
well i have just tasted the worlds worst commercial beer, what the hell were they thinking when they made this crap, got given a 12 pack of mexican beers for xmas from my sister inlaw,now i know that we dont see eye to eye most of the time ,but this is bloody stupidity, i opened this beer a few minutes ago and pretended that it was a kit beer that i had made and i was going to judge it honestly without any bias towards it, well when i poured it into my glass the first thing i saw was this watery pissy looking crap that resembles weak tea,"NOT KIDDING" first taste it is the worst tasting first taste beer i have ever tasted . give me some of my infected beers i have made because they leave this crap for dead. just had some more of it and no shit this is dreadfull beer. the name is Cerveza SOL,4.5% ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS CRAP.

cheers

fergi

27_12_08_2107.jpg

when I had some at a Mexican restaurant it was a little watery, the head also didn't hold at all. I guess it's similar to the other Mexican piss in a bottle, Corona.

I've had urine samples look more appetising than that. :lol:

seriously guys the picture doesnt do it justice, the color in the computer table has given it a deeper color in the picture, i have just finished it and i still cant believe the horrible taste in my mouth, i am going to find my golf shoes and just run my tongue along the bottom just to get rid of this foul taste

fergi

I was walking towards the "wall of wonders" at Dan Murpheys one day when an employee of said shop steped in front of me and asked if i would like to taste a beer. He held up a (as said) urine sample and the bottle of Sol in his hand.

I told him i was the current NSW state brewing champ (at the time) and if he thought i was going to put that shit in my mouth he would be better off asking the queen mum to smoke a joint!

He said..... wow, most people taste it and say its nice.

I laughed and walked off to buy some black sheep ale!

I still havnt tasted it and never will.

cheers

seriously guys the picture doesnt do it justice, the color in the computer table has given it a deeper color in the picture, i have just finished it and i still cant believe the horrible taste in my mouth, i am going to find my golf shoes and just run my tongue along the bottom just to get rid of this foul taste

fergi

Beer is good bait for snails/slugs/earwigs/cockroachs etc. I would be using it in the vegie patch with some oil on top to rid me of some of the bad critters.
Maybe send your sister in law down to the patch to pull a carrot, she might get sucked in as well

Well, you can only hope :icon_drool2:

At least now you'll never be tempted to hand over your own hard earned cash to try it.

Reminds me of the story of the guy that goes into a pub and tells the publican
"give me ten shots of whiskey"
the publican says "what is the occasion?"
He replies "just got my first BJ"
Publican says "hey that is great, I'll shout you a shot as well"
he replies "that's ok, if 10 won't get the taste out of my mouth 11 won't either"

I have drunk it 10 years back in Mexico. It was a light quaffer then and always with lime. I was not as fussy back then but I suspect it was fresh from the brewery and not shipped in plain glass on a slow boat across the equator. I guess it doesn't travel well and it would be out of it's context of hot dry weather at high altitude where you are always hot, tried and thirsty so thin wet beers work much better. They sell them ice cold in 330ml bottles so they go straight down. Guinness would not work there.

Horses for courses.

LOL My thoughts exactly :beerbang:

ouch that hurts guys, well yes it was that bad, i am sitting here messing on the computer and it was sitting in front of me, so i guess i just kept on trying it thinking ,this cant be as bad as i think it is it will probably change flavors as it warms up and become drinkable, plus its pretty dam warm up here in hamley bridge tonite. yep your right , i am just starting to ramble on it was never going to get better was it. dam it why did i admit to drinking all of it, oh well better go and find the golf shoes anyway.
cheers

fergi

:huh: :eek:

Guiness works everywhere!

I recently had a hot long 13 hr day at a coal mine out west and when getting to the pub at about 9.30pm the first beer was a Guiness.

They had celar mix on it though so it wasnt strait Nitrogen. Had that carbonic bite to it.

Much better at the local irish pub. Might have to entice the wife into lunch there again soon. The foods great but the Guiness is better :)

cheers

well i have just tasted the worlds worst commercial beer, what the hell were they thinking when they made this crap, got given a 12 pack of mexican beers for xmas from my sister inlaw,now i know that we dont see eye to eye most of the time ,but this is bloody stupidity, i opened this beer a few minutes ago and pretended that it was a kit beer that i had made and i was going to judge it honestly without any bias towards it, well when i poured it into my glass the first thing i saw was this watery pissy looking crap that resembles weak tea,"NOT KIDDING" first taste it is the worst tasting first taste beer i have ever tasted . give me some of my infected beers i have made because they leave this crap for dead. just had some more of it and no shit this is dreadfull beer. the name is Cerveza SOL,4.5% ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS CRAP.

cheers

fergi

I think that was bought out as the Poor Mans Corona, I dont think its intended to be poured into a glass, out of the bottle with a wedge of Lime... :p

when I had some at a Mexican restaurant it was a little watery, the head also didn't hold at all. I guess it's similar to the other Mexican piss in a bottle, Corona.

If ya cant afford Corona, buy Sol!!!!!

I've had urine samples look more appetising than that. :lol:

My samples are quite Dark lately.. Usually after I drink alot of water, my piss looks about the same colour as that beer..

fergi

Do your Golf shoes have shit on them? :lol:

I was walking towards the "wall of wonders" at Dan Murpheys one day when an employee of said shop steped in front of me and asked if i would like to taste a beer. He held up a (as said) urine sample and the bottle of Sol in his hand.

I told him i was the current NSW state brewing champ (at the time) and if he thought i was going to put that shit in my mouth he would be better off asking the queen mum to smoke a joint!

He said..... wow, most people taste it and say its nice.

I laughed and walked off to buy some black sheep ale!

I still havnt tasted it and never will.

cheers

:lol: Ill use that line..

But did you have a lemon wedge in the sample?

Come on, Lime hey..

Perhaps if you stir-in some Guano (Sulfur), it may balance out and enhance the exotic flavours!

cheers

fergi

I reckon I saw some of that piss being flogged off at P.A.L.S at Parafield. I am always poking around in bottle shops looking to try something different. Glad I didnt buy some.

BYB

Always wondered what Sol tasted like, after numerous outings with mates drinking Coronas [save the bottles for me, willya guys?]. Never actually tasted it though, and this has put me off.

One thing I don't mind in that sort of category of beer is something called 'Imperial'. Its a Cerveiza-like beer brewed in San Jose, Costa Rica. Same price as Corona, but fully imported and doesn't taste like piss. Sure, I'd still rather a JS Golden, but the odd Imperial on a hot afternoon whilst playing golf isn't too bad...:ph34r:

- boingk

I've never tasted anything decent out of Mexico yet, apart from genuine tequila with the worm in the bottom. That was more like a trip than a drunk session.

Mexican food is a good example. Indian Restaurants are run by Indians, Chinese restaurants are full of Chinese. My favourite sushi stall in the Valley, amazingly is run by genuine Japs. The guy at the Mongolian BBQ you wouldn't want to annoy or he'd impale you and set you up on the North side of the Great Wall to taunt the Chinese.

If anyone can show me a Mexican Restaurant actually run by Mexicans and not unemployable Australian Bogans who think Sol Trujillo is a recipe please enlighten me.

I think Sol (beer) is in the same category as Aldi complete Burrito pack serves 2.

I guess the most amazing thing about this beer, is how they train those tiny little chiahuahua to balance on the top of the bottles and piss in them!! :p

Latest posts

Back