A whole bottle of D2 in a single batch. Too much?.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
I'm planning a beire de garde brune, and I was going to add half a bottle of D2 to it. Then I thought, why not the whole bottle?. It works out at less than 13% of total fermentables, and a beire de garde can handle a bit of sugaz, so why not.

Thought I'd ask if anyone had done this??

Done it in a dark strong a couple of times. Just do it over a few days.

You and your incremental feeding :). Cheers mate, I'll do it. The 3725 will eat the shit out of it either way haha

This has got me wondering, how or from what would have come the color in a early beire de garde
considering it was a farm house ale , or is the Brune a modern take ?
Nev

Your guess would be as good as mine mate, they would've used what they had I imagine good question. I've got the "farmhouse ales" book but I don't believe it mentions anything in particular in regards to darker malts. Great style though IMHO.

I just really like the flavour profile of the 3725 yeast, light Belgian esters, light phenols, a nice perfumy aroma, and nice dry maltiness.

This beer is SG 1.054. So I might just dump it all in the boil. If it was a stronger one I think post boil feeding would be best but at this gravity I reckon it'll be ok. Have done similar with sugar in bigger beers so it should be fine. I'm a lazy brewer :)

Latest posts

Back