A Very Enjoyable 2 Days...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

Well after quite a while on AHB and having missed out on quite a few brew related functions, I was excited to head to Brisbane for the Swap and to catch up with a few fellow brewers.. :party:

After 2 days of drinking, brewing and chatting, Im officially stuffed.. :huh:

Id like to thank Sully for collecting my Grain for me and storing at his house, also for driving me to the swap and putting me up for the night and cooking an awesome breakfast the day after(very enjoyable).. You are an awesome bloke mate..

To all the other brewers I finally met at the swap, it was good to put some faces to your names and had a great night and a few laughs were had... It was also good to get some positive feedback on my A.I.P.A by some respected brewers..

To Chappo and his lovely wife for picking us drunk bums up from the swap and again for putting me up for the night at Chappo Manor, I had a great day with Chap Chap drinking and watching him brew a stout, and learnt that plate chillers are an amazing piece of kit(may have to get one)??? Big thanks to Chappos neighbours for cooking an awesome dinner and feeding me quite a few red wines, thoroughly enjoyed them even though Chap Chap had a big :icon_vomit: .....

And finally got to meet Ross and check out his awesome business place and sample a few of his beers(very nice) and have a chat with him and the other boys there, its a very busy place by the look of it.. I also got to have one of the 1st whiffs of the new Australian Hop Topaz Hops - 16.2% AA, they smelt absolutely gorgeous when the 5kg bag got opened, I had to buy some to use on my next brew to give some feedback.. I was lucky that I only spent $200 there on a BB Falsie, 2 more kegs(6 now) and some hops, so much more could be bought but I was well behaved...

The old "Beep Beep Barina" was loaded up for the trip back to the bay with 125kg of Grain and some other bits and pieces, but its great to be home and letting my SWWBO go out to dinner with the girls and me watching the kids for the night..

Once again, thanks to all for their Hospitality and also to meet some new Brew Buddies...

A couple pics of my latest stash...
IMG_0182.JPGIMG_0183.JPG

Good to see you enjoyed yourself Jody! Looking forward to grabbing my grain at some point in the next few weeks!

Will be great to catch up with you at the Xmas Swap in July.... Save me a bottle of the Swap Day Pils :p

Cheers

Good to see you enjoyed yourself Jody! Looking forward to grabbing my grain at some point in the next few weeks!

Will be great to catch up with you at the Xmas Swap in July.... Save me a bottle of the Swap Day Pils :p

Cheers

Yes mate, it was a great couple days, not sure if ive ever drank that much beer before, dont think ill be having one until tomorrow... :icon_drunk:
Pretty stoked about the Grain, got plenty now(about 150kg) and Sully split his 1/2 Carared with me aswell so that'll go down well.. :icon_drool2:

Ill be kegging the Shared brew tomoz, hope its come out alright, Ill see tomoz and ill have to remember to bottle a few and some "Pillar of Stout" aswell from your brew day...

CB

Hello all,

Well after quite a while on AHB and having missed out on quite a few brew related functions, I was excited to head to Brisbane for the Swap and to catch up with a few fellow brewers..

After 2 days of drinking, brewing and chatting, Im officially stuffed..

Id like to thank Sully for collecting my Grain for me and storing at his house, also for driving me to the swap and putting me up for the night and cooking an awesome breakfast the day after(very enjoyable).. You are an awesome bloke mate..

To all the other brewers I finally met at the swap, it was good to put some faces to your names and had a great night and a few laughs were had... It was also good to get some positive feedback on my A.I.P.A by some respected brewers..

To Chappo and his lovely wife for picking us drunk bums up from the swap and again for putting me up for the night at Chappo Manor, I had a great day with Chap Chap drinking and watching him brew a stout, and learnt that plate chillers are an amazing piece of kit(may have to get one)??? Big thanks to Chappos neighbours for cooking an awesome dinner and feeding me quite a few red wines, thoroughly enjoyed them even though Chap Chap had a big :icon_vomit: .....

And finally got to meet Ross and check out his awesome business place and sample a few of his beers(very nice) and have a chat with him and the other boys there, its a very busy place by the look of it.. I also got to have one of the 1st whiffs of the new Australian Hop Topaz Hops - 16.2% AA, they smelt absolutely gorgeous when the 5kg bag got opened, I had to buy some to use on my next brew to give some feedback.. I was lucky that I only spent $200 there on a BB Falsie, 2 more kegs(6 now) and some hops, so much more could be bought but I was well behaved...

The old "Beep Beep Barina" was loaded up for the trip back to the bay with 125kg of Grain and some other bits and pieces, but its great to be home and letting my SWWBO go out to dinner with the girls and me watching the kids for the night..

Once again, thanks to all for their Hospitality and also to meet some new Brew Buddies...

A couple pics of my latest stash...
View attachment 27944View attachment 27945

Mate it was great having you. After a day and the night at Chap Chaps your liver will hate you - trust me been there done that. BTW where is he, he is awfully quiet tonight... don't tell me you broke him CB? :huh:

Glad you made it home safely. The beep beep was nearly dragging its arse down the street from the weight.

You NEED a plate chiller in your kit, you know you want it, so do it, do it do it.... :ph34r:

Cheers

Sully

Mate it was great having you. After a day and the night at Chap Chaps your liver will hate you - trust me been there done that. BTW where is he, he is awfully quiet tonight... don't tell me you broke him CB? :huh:

Glad you made it home safely. The beep beep was nearly dragging its arse down the street from the weight.

You NEED a plate chiller in your kit, you know you want it, so do it, do it do it.... :ph34r:

Cheers

Sully
Yes, my liver does hate me but I wish I could have sampled some more of Ross's brews, Chappo refused a 2nd Glass from Ross so I think he is busted.. Mind you, I kept feeding him that A.I.P.A yesterday, shame its finished now.. :( Ill just have to brew it again me thinks, Ill send you the Recipe once my head has been fixed up a little...

"Plate Chiller" Hmmm, maybe...... :rolleyes:

wel you guys sold me on ag, so you liver hates you? wanna buy mine so i can buy some ag gear??
absolutely no cleaning got down round here till today, and only half arsed attempts at a few beers yesterday but back into it tonight.

Latest posts

Back