A type coupling help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micko71

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have 2 x A-type couplers, i bought off poo-bay, they are both leaking gas around the top.

I noticed one has a couple tears around the rubber o ring/ seal that sits inside the bottom of the coupling. Prob from me pushing it down when not fully engaged/ slider'ed. I do get thirsty. Lol

I've lost 2 almost full co2 bottles now from forgetting to turn the bottle off as its leaking thru the coupler.

They are the cheap red handled ones.

Does anyone know if it could also be the spear seal ? They are toohey's & cooper's kegs.

The gas is leaking thru the top of the couplers, well between the 2 parts of the coupler that move when you push the handle down to engage.

Also where's the cheapest place to buy a good one and also can you buy new seals for the coupler anywhere?

Cheers guys. Mick.

Slide on type right? I have a shopping bag full of seal kits I got when I recently bought a workshop full of spares. PM me your details and I will flick you a couple in the post.

Killer Brew said:
Slide on type right? I have a shopping bag full of seal kits I got when I recently bought a workshop full of spares. PM me your details and I will flick you a couple in the post.
Pm sent mate.

Latest posts

Back