A Smoked Flavor On A Non-smoked Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavoj

Reaction score
I made this IPA with 87 IVU was close to prefect great color head smell taste ,but it had a smoked flavor on the back throat

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...amp;recipe=1363 the recipe

BTW : could not find specific so this is the edit part of the grain
marri otter is = 2-row(brisser)
normal rye
munich 1 = light munich
.5 rice hulls
crystal 40L

HOP with 0 min where dry hop

ty for the input

Hi Mate

I've tasted a smoky flavour in a light lager that one of my friends brewed (no smoked or dark malts). It was not very pleasant. I put it down to some sort of infection. I did a bit of a search and apparently some sorts of phenols have a smoky flavour. I know this doesn't answer your question but at least you know that you're not on your own.

cheers

Hi Mate

I've tasted a smoky flavour in a light lager that one of my friends brewed (no smoked or dark malts). It was not very pleasant. I put it down to some sort of infection. I did a bit of a search and apparently some sorts of phenols have a smoky flavour. I know this doesn't answer your question but at least you know that you're not on your own.

cheers
my friend say it was over hopping . I could check if it was a infection, i just want to gather all the info for the next batch since the beer was perfect(aside from the smoked flavor) and in my country you can't have I.A.P.I any where

ty ffor reply

Latest posts

Back