A Protien Rest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
done and dusted.

I was way under volume. I didn't get a pre-boil sg sorry. i had 9lt of wort into the fermentor at 1.06x. added 5lt of water to get to 1.044 @14lt's. Plus about a litre in the bottom of the pot with hop pellet and some other stuff. I think i did alright but i need to add more water during the rests? or lower my evaporation rate or increase my sparging. I added 5litres to begin with (1.6lt per kg) and then 3Lt's to get to 58 then 5lt's again to get to 66.(which gives me 13l after rest. then sparging i did the squeeze trick and poured through 5lts - i think 2 kettles - and still squeezed the bag. i did loose small about to the stove top so 18lt pre boil. i think. i will need to calibrate the pot better as i think i had way to much space in the pot.

Although i will be going 3 pot when my bulkhead fitting, tap and hop strainer arrive next week. This should make it much easier to get to my final predicted volume.

The colour is more amber this time and reminds me off JS amber ale. I do hope it tastes better then that though.

Latest posts

Back