A New Brew Club In The Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith the Beer Guy

Reaction score
BrewClub_Poster.jpg

Top stuff!
Its pretty well known that the better the club the better the beers, and you guys have a fantastic resource in Marks Home Brew to draw from as well as astrong base of fine and wise brewers. I am a tad biased, being born in the Hunter so I look foward to a sense of healthy competition between Australia's newest club and Australia's best ( canberra brewers of course).

Kurtz

Nice one Keith. I won't be around for the inaugural meeting but I'm very keen to be involved.

Yes there is, but it is time we expanded to a bigger and better, truly hunter-wide club. We've got the local micro's, the locoal HBS's and a load of other key supporters already committed and behind it. All we need now is for the local homebrewers to stand up and organise and run it to their satisfaction and it'll be a guaranteed winner! We can support but you guys need to organise and run.

Looking forward to meeting everyone next weekend and beyond.

Shawn.

Won't be able to make it for the first meeting, got a heavy weekend of family commitments that weekend, but I'm keen to be involved.

Will try and get along for sure.

Just hope im not still stuck in a mine at muswelbrook at 5pm.

Sounds like fun.

Cheers

Guys & Gals,

just to make things clear. This is not "my" club. I am keen to make it happen but it's the local brewers who need to get involved if its going to fly.

The club will be about creating a community of local brewers who are interested in improving their beer, learning more about beer and sharing their passion with other brewers.

I look forward to meeting people on Friday.

Happy brewing,

Keith
ps posts, perhaps not too dissimilar to this one, serve to keep the thread on the front page in the latest threads section and I would encourage anyone who is interested to, at the very least, add a reply to this thread.

K.

Good timing, just about to do my first AG. Unfortunately Friday is pizza night for me so I wont be able to make it this time.

daniel

I'm tied up with a family event that night but I might call in just to say hello and check it out!

Good to see that there is a reasonable level of interest even if we are getting a few appologies for the first meeting.

Just to add to what Keith has said we are looking for a member driven club so please keep in touch for furture meetings.

David

I've been keen to meet some fellow brewers in the area.

Count me in,

Alfie

I'll be there for sure.. Will be good to catch up with some familiar faces and also meet some new ones. Just to add one thing to what Keith, Shawn and Dave have said previously, this hopefully will only be, for the want of better words, an extension of HAG (Hunter All Grain) to encorporate all brewers in the Hunter, be it kits and bits, partial or mash brewers. So if you're a brewing newb, or a kit and kilo man, or even a hidden mash flower, get on down and meet some like minded people and hopefully enhance your craft brewing journey... :D

Good timing, just about to do my first AG. Unfortunately Friday is pizza night for me so I wont be able to make it this time.

daniel

What?!?
Daniel, you are about to start AG brewing, and have a chance to chat with some of the best brewers in the area, and you are going to stay at home for PIZZA? Priorities, man! Actually, pizza is pretty good, but I have a feeling most of the meetings will be held on a friday night, so maybe it will pay to change pizza night? Either way, I look forward to meeting you at some of the meetings soon (but if you are the Daniel that was hanging at MHB's tent at B+T then you already have chatted to the best brewers in the area, and clearly have your priorities straight!).
I will be doing my very best to get to the meeting, even prolonging my work week in Newy to make sure I can be there. Looking forward to meeting some new faces, and getting advice off some great brewers.
All the best
Trent
EDIT sp

Will miss the start of the meeting, but hopefully roll in to meet a few people after 7pm

Cliff

NICE.....Im in but you will have to excuse me for being late as i work till 7 so ill be there around 8. No doubt you will all still be there so ill see you then.

Cheers

Was going to have a few beers with the boys from work at warners at the bay (pub next door to the germania club) so i think i will be there if we finish work early

What?!?
Daniel, you are about to start AG brewing, and have a chance to chat with some of the best brewers in the area, and you are going to stay at home for PIZZA? Priorities, man!

:p I was going to say something, but sometimes.... you just cant get between a man and his Pizza :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back