A Little Voice In My Head Says To Drink The Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxd

Reaction score
Ho do I stop the little voice in my head the tells me to pour a beer tonight, the beers almost 2 (it will be 2 weeks old on 24/11/09 - femented on 10/11/09).

It's been in the keg for 3 days at 14 psi and 3 degrees to carbonate, my mind says "DON'T TOUCH IT" but the voice says "try it to see hows it going". How do I tell the voice it needs to be left alone, or should I just try it to show the voice that it's need to "condition"

cheers
Matt

Listen to the voice, it knows its stuff.

It's educational to try the beer at every step of the game, even if it is conditioning...

Personally id say your a fool for not trying it already :p
And even better id go and give the keg a "ROCK" aka butters style for 10mins(Because its been carbing up for a few days) or so and start pouring like crazy :p

Tom

The voices never stop anyway, so you midas well just have a taste, or 3 :D . It will be almost fully gassed anyway I reckon, or at least half way

Dont listen to the gurus ... beer tastes better the sooner you start drinking it .. and gets magically better as you get closer to finishing it...
So i figure you may as well start early as no matter how long you wait itll always taste better later :p

Tom

I'm sitting here rocking a keg with my right foot right now......It's actually quite pleasant on my foot on a day like today...

Don't worry your not alone I'm forever hearing voices too sample it daily while it's still fermenting. :unsure:

mate.... 2 weeks old, kegged and carbed - I would have started drinking it 2 days ago :ph34r:

Cheers - Snow

I always taste the brews as soon as they chill down ... I recon the beer improves if you give it a little more head space in the keg as soon as it's cold enough. At least that's what I tell my wife ... "No love ... not having a session ... just making room for the gas". ;)
Even been known to have a taste before going to work ... all in the name of quality control of course. :icon_cheers:

Little voice?
you are lucky!
I get an army of Chopper Reid's on acid yelling out, "drink the f&*kin thing!"

Go for it. How'd you think I feel with 6 seperate batches (or remnants of) scrounging around under my bed? The voices aren't in my head, they're coming from the bottles...

...whats that? You want to escape? Oh, well what have I got to do with that? I see...well maybe just you then. Wait, I said one! JUST ONE! AHHHH!!!

:D :D :D

- boingk

ok I think your right I will try to balance my system by pouring beer out of each keg. Thanks for you assistance.

That keg would be half finished if it were mine :icon_drunk:

I know an old alco that doesnt even carbonate his beer, he pours a mug straight from the carboy off the yeastcake... :icon_vomit:
We are talking home brand lager can + 2 kg of raw sugar...

some picy's it was conceived on 10/11, chilled on 16/11, kegged on 17/11 tasted 19/11.

(freshwort Red, Coopers Aus pale, Morgans cerveza)

not carbonated enough, red nice, pale tasted a bit VB ish, cerveza very strong lime.

I put 1 1.5 ltr head space in the cerveza to assist with carbonation.

must get a one way valve, I almost had a flooded reg.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...m&album=561

Latest posts

Back