A 2 Cornie Bar Fridge

• Thread starter bindi
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bindi

Has any one here have or know of a bar fridge [all fridge] that will accomodate 2 cornie kegs? I have been told by a sales person <_< that the Centrex 170L with the shelfs removed will fit two postmix kegs, I have done the searches here and on other sites and found 'zip' :( so far, my next move is to take 2 kegs into the shop with me and try :p if they let me when they arrive, nil in stock at the moment.
Anyone know?

Hi,

In the same boat here - looking for a good beer fridge that will just accomodate 2 cornie kegs. Will fits taps onto the top eventually.

Did you have any luck with the centrex model, and where did you get it form

cheers!

Steve

bindi said:
Has any one here have or know of a bar fridge [all fridge] that will accomodate 2 cornie kegs? I have been told by a sales person <_< that the Centrex 170L with the shelfs removed will fit two postmix kegs, I have done the searches here and on other sites and found 'zip' :( so far, my next move is to take 2 kegs into the shop with me and try :p if they let me when they arrive, nil in stock at the moment.
Anyone know?
[post="109483"][/post]​

i have a centrex fridge, there is no way you will get a corny in it, its to short, unless you take the freezer out

There was a Westinghouse 140 L all fridge. After some surgery on the door shelves it took 2 Cornies (just). I hear they have dropped the model, the odd second-hand one turns up.

MHB

hi bindi
just a thought to save you the trouble of lugging a keg around to shops with you to size them up into fridges.
get a roll of cardboard cut to the same height and rolled into the same diameter then take this with you.
heaps lighter and you will avoid any unnecessary drama carting a keg around with you.

cheers
big d

Nah Big D , Go with the keg Bindi its a better look .. :)

And you wont know if the cardboard bends a little when you close the door , a keg wont let you close it if it dont fit...

Did you guys make any progress on this?
Brother-in-law is currently looking for a two corny keg bar fridge.

Beers,
Doc

Check out these guys in Perth:

http://www.beertech.com.au/

I had a look at the fridge. Great design and very sturdy. Only trouble is that it is a single beer tap only.

I have a two keg barfridge that does the job well. The fridge model is Heller FDH170. The top of the fridge is rather flimsy so you will need to add a top of timber or stainless steel to mount the font on.

-- Gavin

Has anyone found a good place to source fridges? I'd be happy with a fridge that can hold one corny keg at least. I'd just bite the bullet and buy the beertech system except my friends bought me a tap for my birthday that will go to waste if I do.

Well I just finished speaking with John at Grain and Grape who suggested using a freezer with a theromstat to keep the temp right.

I'd a say a nice deep top loading freezer would be easier to find than a fridge and possibly easier to modify if the door was on top and was a seperate piece. The only downside I can see is that freezers seem to be hellishly expensive.

Watch the Trading Post and eBay. You should be able to pick one up cheap.
Pretty rare to see chest freezer in council cleanup days (in my suburb anyway).
I got both mine through the Trading Post.

Beers,
Doc

I just finished looking on eBay, one thing I was worried about was making sure the dimensions were right. How did you know it wouls fit a corny keg without any hassles? I'm assuming with the trading post you can just drop by and have a look, but with eBay you're never really sure.

I took a keg size cutout (ie the diameter of a keg) and a tape measure (for height) to one Trading post purchase.
The other the freezer is 1100 litres so I knew it would be ok :p

Doc

No, that is just enough temp controlled fermentation space.

Beers,
Doc

Back